Sdwd

I was just down checking out the little chicks. So here is what I have. One definite Del cockerel Lets call him Lucky--larger comb and clearly barring on the tail feathers. Second Del I think might be a pullet. She has a smaller comb, and the tail feathers seem different. They are more solid color with white around the edges. The #2, lets call her Happy, constantly looks for affection. She climbs up my arms and sits on my shoulder. She actually fell asleep on my lap watching T.V. yesterday. (I know Cetawin, that is a danger zone). #3 chick--I think might be a pullet. Lets call her Snow White. (I know, it doesnt fit, but I like the name) is sort of a bluish color. She is definitely not black. Kathyinmo, what do you think about her now?

51517_043.jpg

Happy, posing for a picture while hanging out on my shoulder. Watch those eyes Happy, I like them.

51517_033.jpg

Snow White posing. Take a look at the feathers on her back.....sort of bluish, not really black

51517_032.jpg

The two Dels, Lucky in the background, Happy in the forground

These 3 sure are more personable than the other group from the hatchery that I brooded. They just constantly want attention.
wink.png

I am confused with the dark one. I wish I knew what egg he put in there! I think it is one of my project birds though, with the Lavenders. But, if it is not black, I am not sure about that.

#2 "Happy," sounds just like a typical Delaware girl, that's for sure! Affectionate and attention seeking! Now, you do have cable TV for them, don't you? Their favorite is Animal Planet and the Cartoon Network channels.
gig.gif

Kathy, the dark one came from a lightly speckled egg. When I got it, it was different than all of the others with the very light brown speckles. I remember thinking that this must be one of the ones your son threw in as I didn't think Dels had speckled eggs.

Well, it could be a Jersey Giant then. Some of them do have speckles on their eggs. I haven't really noticed that on the eggs in the Lavender pen. God only knows what he put in there! ha Hope it's a girl and gives you eggs!

Dels do have speckled eggs, I have a girl that does and I think Cynthia has mentioned it also, but that sure ain't no Del baby!!!! I am with Kathy in hoping that at least it is a pullet for you!

I missed the best picture.....the goldish bird wanted to sit there but the dark bird was in the way. So she jumped up and sat on top of her.....which made dark bird run around back and forth, complete with the gold bird on her back the whole time. Crazy girls.

My little old lady neighbor came over when I was out on the front porch throwing leftovers out to the chickens....she looks over and says "Is that two roosters fighting?".....um, no, that's two hens......jumping up and sparring at each other. "Why are they fighting" she said......one is broody and apparently her sister (literally) got too close to the baby. I have 2 sisters paired up and broody together and coparenting a single chick. The 3rd sister must have gotten too close. Crazy broodies. THe broody ended up jumping up and grabbing her sister by the back of her neck and threw her down. That might have been a better Cetawin re-enactment. LOL

Too bad you didn't get a picture of that!
lol.png
Why is it I never have my camera on me when they're doing the crazy stuff?
hmm.png
And just as soon as I do grab the camera, they stop whatever they were doing, come over, and try to peer into the lens to see if there's anything particularly yummy inside!
roll.png
I have lots and lots of TOO CLOSE up shots! Nothing but a blur!
lol.png

Does anyone have a sure fire way of getting really good pictures of their chickens, just acting naturally, out and about in the yard? I've seen folks take their birds inside someplace and set them up on a nice solid colored backdrop, but I'd like to get more natural setting pictures of my kids. Some of my girls have drop dead gorgeous colors in them when they're standing in the sunshine!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom