Sdwd

The Jersey Giant looks like a roo to me and I do see some pointy saddle feathers coming in. Love the Orp girl pic!!!

Well, I should know soon enough .... either crow or lay an egg, that's how I sex them!
lol.png

Thanks all .... a roo would be fine. New blood is what I was after.
smile.png

Okay call me stupid on acronyms. I might be sdwd but I might not, will someone tell me what it stands for? pm is okay or on the board.

Trying to get ahold of you yard full of rocks, but I may have missed you, please give me a pm! Thanks and y'all have a blessed day. I see signs of a cold winter,,,,,the corn just pulled has thicker husks! Nancy

OH! OOOO Thick corn husk, the birds have already eaten the berries off the dogwood here. All the fall plants are blooming but the blooming heat continues. Yuck. !!! I could use a little cool dry air to prepare for winter. I want to re-enforce my top of the run for snow load. It fell in. Only one spot but enough to make me get out and try to put post in the hard dirt. This year I want the whole area ready before the last of Oct. which is when we might get snow.
I see I have another early bird up this morning. LOL MY roo just crowed his first time this morning too. Gloria Jean

UGH, a hawk took out a few of my young birds. Even attacked while I was outside this morning.......of course, the 3 missing birds I noticed offhand are ALL GIRLS. What the heck. It took my blue mille fleur d'uccle girl, my gold laced bantam cochin girl, and a mille fleur cochin girl.....what the heck, yo. I'm not sure if it took the blue mille girl this morning or didn't get anything. I think it was aiming for the itty bitty baby as the broody mom attacked it when It came flying down.

I have a half acre uncovered....surrounded by large trees. No way to hawk proof......anyone want some mottled d'uccle pullets, a mille fleur d'uccle pullet and a quad of porcelain d'uccles? It seems to be picking off d'uccle sized birds. SIGH.

Back
Top Bottom