Sdwd

Quote:
I totally agree with you! We COULD do it, but I just don't see it happening. How many people even use their right to vote? Much less than 50% I believe I read. It is sad how many just sit back and watch things happen. Most don't even have a clue what is going on (such as with Monsanto). Apathetic is the perfect word for out present society.

It is truly a sad state of affairs that we are in. Unfortunately, WE have allowed our elected officials to make lifelong (and often inherited...i.e. "the Kennedys") CAREERS in politics. Until such time as we LIMIT the number of terms a senator or congressman can hold, NOTHING will get any better. They will simply continue to "legislate" in the manner that best lines their pockets and gets them re-elected.

Sorry to go off, BUT, I am truly afraid of the nation we are leaving behind to our children and grandchildren....it aint so good

OMG-y'all are making me need a happy pill! The thing is, I AGREE totally. This whole country needs a serious wake-up call, problem is, what's it going to take? Scary times......I'd say more, but then this thread might get locked.

I believe rancher is at the hospital as we speak, his daughter was being induced today!! Congrats, big guy!!!

Yard full o' rocks :

It is truly a sad state of affairs that we are in. Unfortunately, WE have allowed our elected officials to make lifelong (and often inherited...i.e. "the Kennedys") CAREERS in politics. Until such time as we LIMIT the number of terms a senator or congressman can hold, NOTHING will get any better. They will simply continue to "legislate" in the manner that best lines their pockets and gets them re-elected.

Sorry to go off, BUT, I am truly afraid of the nation we are leaving behind to our children and grandchildren....it aint so good

Totally agree! It must start with term limits! Until that happens, nothing will improve.​

Is there room for one more on this bandwagon? Cuz I'm there with you! People are apathetic. Too many people WANT the government to take care of them so they don't have to be responsible. They can sit on their butts and blame someone else for whatever happens. Plus they somehow think they have a RIGHT to the things that our ancestors, and a lot of us here, have worked hard for.

I will never forget one young man, 10 or 12 years ago, telling me how he PLANNED to live on welfare. I told him I didn't appreciate working my tail off to support him in his desire to sit around and do nothing. He was incensed at the implication and informed me that he painted, he had his art, he read books, he didn't sit and "do nothing". How do you get through to a mind set that thinks everything is supposed to be handed over as a right? A mind set that thinks the government SHOULD "take care of" the things that we should be handling ourselves?
Term limits and income limits and PRIVILEGE limits. No perks, no special deals or packages.
ARRRRGHGGHGH!!!! -JMO.

Amy, you are too sweet about the Guernseys and Jerseys- and you broke my heart with your story about the farmer- it KILLS me every time things like that happen. My FIL was telling me a similar story yesterday, except it was between a small town and a VERY large mill. Of course the horrid toxic yuck the mill was dumping into the local river was being ignored, while the very small town was being fined up the wazoo.

Rancher being a grandpa again is a bright spot, though, isn't it?

Angry broody silkie say: I hate politicians.

0825000741.jpg

Quote:
lau.gif
oh good one Nella! Reminds me of that old poster I used to have years ago...the one of the two turkeys working their tail feathers off, covered in Eagle poo....the caption read: It's hard to work like a turkey when you're covered with Eagle poo!
lau.gif

I'd just like to know how and at what point we put the kids in charge of the candy store? How did congress manage to finagle it to where they can give themselves a raise, any time they want it, and we have nothing to say about it? Huh? How the heck did THAT happen!?!?!

The whole lot of them are corrupt. The only reason they've taken the job is because robbery at gunpoint is a prosecutable offense! Any one of them that says they want to serve this country because "I want to be a part of positive change" is so full of hot air, they should be considered for the position of a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon!!
tongue.gif

I think one of the things I resent the most is what their [the elected officials] opinion is of the common U.S. citizen. That of a being of limited intelligence and insight. I'm not stupid buddy! I can see what you're doing! You're about as deep as a puddle after a five minute spring shower! You're not fooling me! I'm just powerless to stop you is all. And believe me, if I could figure out a legal and non-violent means of removing you from office, I would! In a HEART BEAT!!
somad.gif

OK, so maybe I need to drop this topic myself, cuz, yeah, I'm getting hot under the collar!
sad.png

Gotta tell y'all about my babies today. What gets into these birds? Some days, I just don't know!
gig.gif

Today, we all wanted out of the coop, like NOW!!! Not content to wait until I had all three boys settled into the run for the day, Brewenna, my biggest girl, literally charged the people door and busted it wide open! Imagine my surprise when I got about 3 feet from the door with Little Red in my arms, when all of a sudden the door goes slamming OPEN!! Hens piling out every which way. As well as Chief and that little goober CB!

So, what does CB do straight away? Reaches out for the nearest girl and tries to ride her! So much for a golden opportunity to show Chief that he can be a proper little gentleman and a trustworthy side kick! He completely wasted his one chance to have a real breakthrough. Something that might have led to his no longer needing to be kept in the run with brothers Brutus and Little Red. *sigh*
roll.png

Chief set him straight on the issue of riding ANY of HIS girls though!
love.gif
CB was lucky to come out of the deal with nothing more than a bit of hurt pride and a few tail feathers missing. I think if I hadn't managed to get my hands on him when I did, there might have been bloodshed. He kept dodging me and had pretty much stirred things up to the point where the girls were ready to kick his scrawny little butt into the middle of next week themselves!
lol.png
When they all turned on him, as well as having big Chief coming down on his rump, he beat a hasty retreat to the safety of mommas arms!
gig.gif

I so love these birds, mutts though they may be. They're just so dang entertaining!
love.gif

Oh! One last thing to top off the day [and it has been a busy one!
th.gif
] Annie, our grand daughter that lives with us, passed her drivers exam this afternoon!!! Pray for her people! She's a newly minted licensed driver now!
ep.gif
hide.gif
th.gif
lol.png

Evening all!

Please keep me on your prayer list. My Chinese employer decided I was not moving fast enough for them and they decided to " terminate my employment". I believe tbat the Lord never closes one door without opening another. Y'all might have to regularly remind me of this periodically....please!

I know God answers prayers so all prayers on my behalf would be greatly appreciated

not dellie related but I am just catching up from the past few days and had to share, Kodi sheds once a year.... all year long
27698_100_1647.jpg

Dellie related, I am trying to introduce the younger del roo into the bigger coop. It is going slowly but maybe by the time fall gets here. It is supposed to get down in the 40's tonight.

Yard, prayers for you and your family
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Oh my goodness Yard Full O Rocks. It seems like you are always working your behind off for your work. I am so sorry, and will certainly keep you in my prayers.

I know this is a stressful time, but I know that God has a plan for you, not for calamity but for good.

And to join the conversation about our country......... (yes I am joining in the fray) Our economy is a mess and so many people are loosing their jobs, and what does our government do, talks about raising taxes to pay for all of the programs and incentives and takes more money out of the pockets of the people who work. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Back
Top Bottom