Sdwd

Quote:
Far enough in Roosterville KY that I can hide a body missy! Keep it up.
lau.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

Ya ever get the feeling Lady Hawk, that you and I are the only ones around here that appreciate how special the boys are? Let them laugh at us! We know what they do not, don't we? **wiggles eyebrows meaningfully at Cetawin** *snicker*

Well, not for love, money or food enticements, can I interest anyone in coming outside today. I had already decided on keeping the boys "cooped" up today. When I opened their door this morning, rather than come hopping out as they usually do, they actually backed away!
lol.png
Smart boys! So, I put their food tray inside, took their water bucket to the house to thaw it out and put it back in with nice clean lukewarm water. They're just as happy as little bugs all snug in a rug!
love.gif

Everyone also got a nice hot breakfast of cooked oatmeal, banana chips, yogurt and mixed veggies, all heated up to a nice tummy warming temperature, but not hot enough to burn any delicate little tongues. They scarfed that down so fast, I barely had time to put it on the second paper plate before the first one was empty! You'd think these crazy girls hadn't been fed in a week!
roll.png

Kathy, you should have seen Maggie and the twins when they got their plate! I swear I saw the spark of an awakened memory in Maggie's eyes as she dived into breakfast and tasted YOGURT!!! Oh yeah! She's a fat and happy little mama girl now! I think I've also been revised in her estimation of me from person of suspicion to someone that maybe, just maybe, she could be friends with! And all it took was oatmeal, banana chips, mixed veggies and YOGURT!!! Ya tried to tell me. *shaking my head here* I just wasn't getting it! Well, I get it! I get it! ....Now!
roll.png

Forecast says it's going to pretty much stay this way for the foreseeable future. At least until next week sometime. We even made the national news with this storm! Go figure. It's not like we never get blizzard conditions around here, though I will admit, this is disturbingly early in the season for it. Especially the low temperatures. We don't usually see these conditions until around the middle of January. Global Warming my sweet scrawny butt! Now I wish I had some of that weight back that I lost. At least it kept me warm! *sigh* Such is life.....................

Quote:
lau.gif

Did you try to call me a little while ago? My phone says so...
But when I tried to call you back there was no answer
hmm.png

Does having 8 roosters qualify me for roosterville?
Or do the 2 dedicated broodies, and 2 semi-broodies qualifiy me for broodyville?

Or do the 16 bator chicks in the garage qualify me for Looneyville, as my DH maintains?

Quote:
lau.gif

hmm.png

Or do the 2 dedicated broodies, and 2 semi-broodies qualifiy me for broodyville?

Or do the 16 bator chicks in the garage qualify me for Looneyville, as my DH maintains?

8 roos???? all in one flock?
ep.gif

Quote:
hmm.png

8 roos???? all in one flock?
ep.gif

Nope. I have one in the garage (quarrantine).
Tennessee in with the original millie girls.
George in with the silkies.
Tennesseeebee in with the new millies.
And 4 project roos in a bachelor pen waiting to see who has the lavender gene.

One of three project birds is going to be a very lucky boy
wink.png

There's one project boy that is very colorful, and he gets a colorful project girlfriend for his very own. Plus some odds-n-ends birds to see what happens. But only when some space opens up. I gotta sell some birds at the Jan/Feb shows!

So many science projects, so little space <sigh>

Hey now, I have over 20 roosters.........not including the babies......

I have 4 in a rooster only pen, 1 in a breeding pen, 1 in a tractor with a single hen..........and the rest all run together with "the girls". I have at least 15 roosters running in my big flock right now. Bantams and large fowl both. I need all the hawk calls I can get.

They either get along or stay away from each other. Only boys that give anybody problems are Mr Mottled the bantam cochin rooster and my buff columbian/mille bantam cochin rooster. They want to kill each other. Mr Mottled has been moved to a breeding pen with 4 of my mottled girls. the 2 youngest and not laying yet mottled girls are still out in the big flock.

The top of the totem pole boys tend to keep the other boys in line. And my drake keeps the top of the totem pole roosters in line LOL. I used to have fewer but with all the hawk problems, I released a bunch of boys out into the yard to help with hawk calls. Some of the younger guys aren't allowed to breed the girls, so its not 15 roosters breeding everyone all the time. There are about 5-6 that have breeding rights. The rest just run around and are happy.

LOL, well obviously Broodyland needs lots of rooster to keep those eggs fertile.

Next batch of eggs should be hatching this weekend! Whoo hooo! I hope that evil hen behaves herself.

Back
Top Bottom