Sdwd

Kathy, Jacob has SUCH a beautiful demeanor- I really love his look! I am glad the damage wasn't worse.

Fat Albert is a beauty.....and Oliver is simply very smart to stay out of that one. Alexander walks the fence line wanting to get at Ultrasuede- who just ignores him. HOWEVER, Ultrasuede looks for bugs along the fence line and eggs him on, I just know he does. He is muttering things under his breath at Alexander.

Jacob's daddy Ike goes after Suede all the time at the fence. It's hilarious to see that huge ungainly blue beach ball jump into the air and hit the fence with his feet, but I always worry Suede will drop dead of a heart attack from the adrenaline!

Hello
smile.png

...I actually have to go now
hmm.png
But I'll be back on later!

Quote:
They are free range all day and fed organic layer feed. I also feed oyster shell along with it. They get a lot of treats- watermelon, corn, birdseed, grapes, blueberries and they help themselves to the flowers.

Someone may have already answered this in the last two pages I have not read yet but the chickens are not vegetarians...they need animal/meat protein. Free ranging during the day they are going to get some bugs but not as much as they need. Rather than spend the money for organic feed (which is over priced) get them on a good grower/finisher with animal protein...heck feed them scrambled eggs, boiled/baked whatever it takes. I bet if you change up your food, you will start seeing eggs if they are getting enough light during the day.

Alright, thanks. I do also feed them tuna, chickens and eggs, though.

Last edited:
Quote:
Had to back-track to see what this was about, but
wee.gif

May 7th is the Cocke County show, so I'm glad ya'll decided on the 14th. Right now that weekend is clear. Only DD can override any plans, if something comes up for school or band.

Cyn, you could certainly ride with us. We have a van that can hold 7 adults comfortably. Or 4 adults with a bunch of birds in the back
lol.png

And Knoxville has a pretty slick bus depot set up now, I think.

Update Kathy
I now have 4 Partridge Cochins, and 1 EE. The EE is screaming non stop have no clue as to why. I think he might be Chicken Little running around screaming the sky is falling. I have another PC pipping and 1 tky pipping. I think i'm more excited about the tky than anything. Everyone have a Great day!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Now listen here, Tim ...... I have so dang many Delaware chicks and Del eggs hatching, I am gonna have enough to populate all of New York soon!
lol.png

Not if I beat you to it!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom