Sdwd

Hey Brittney!!!
frow.gif
Hope Lil Man is doin alright!! Was just thinkin, earlier today, I was gonna ask Kathy how yall were doin!!! He's so adorable!
love.gif

Janelle....just gotta tell you that you've been a bbbaaaadddd influence.

We were "adopted" by an abandoned cat this weekend while at the hunting club....family just moved off and left her. So....being the softy I am, we fed her, cleaned her up and she made the 3 hour drive home with us sitting in my lap and looking out the window. A few times from a perch atop my head.

At any rate, she is "snuggled up" with Landon (my oldest) on the couch right now TOTALLY in heaven.....full belly, warm and loved. DW says she can't be an "indoor" cat, so she will be in the garage tonight complete with a bean-bag chair and a ceramic space heater. Will be working on a pet door on the door to the basement for her tomorrow (weather permitting) or Tuesday. Stays around 60 in the basement so I feel she will be ok down there and she is used to being an outside kitty. She is a "love bug" and totally loves people. Will try to post some pix of her tomorrow. Boys have named her Lily

Brittney - welcome to the the "crazy coop" here at SDWD. Take good care of that little man....they grow FAST. My youngest just turned 12 and my oldest will be 16 next Saturday....seems like yesterday they were the age of yours. Cherish that time

Stay warm all....expecting 4-6" of snow here, then ice and freezing rain. YUK!!!!

Talk to y'all in the morning...please pray the power stays on here as I have eggs on day 12 in the 'bator

Quote:
Coop building parties have now replaced the old time, "Barn Raising," don't ya know?
lol.png
You know there would be plenty of help for ya! We discussed this before and had volunteers! I think you should keep 2 roosters with those bantams ... 1 of each! Then, you can change your mind frequently!

I have quit worrying about combs, once I found out they are the least important thing in breeding, as well as in points in the SOP shows. I don't even look at them anymore .... EXCEPT how they follow the shape of the head (verses flipping up instead of following along).

What kind of car do you have Cyn? We could build you a coop at the LadyHawk meetup. Just something small and easy, like a 4x4 bantam coop or something. But you'd have to be able to get it home!

Scott! Whoo! Good job on that kitty. All they want is love and food and a warm place to sleep.

My little lucy is happy as can be to just lay in the cat scratcher bed in front of the window ALL DAY. No interest in going out or causing trouble. Just fat and happy
smile.png

frow.gif
Brittney, adorable little guy you have! Look at him already sucking his thumb
love.gif

Y'all be careful in all that nasty weather you are supposed to get. It was zero this morning when I took the dog out. Poor little guy, he does not have much hair and the cold really gets to him. When it gets this cold we usually wrap him in his blanket, carry him out, put him down to potty and than wrap him back up and carry him back in. Did that this morning, forgetting that I still had my nightgown on. At least the dog was warm.
th.gif

Welcome, Brittney! Your mom is an integral part of this crazy group. We think your new son is just a doll!

Janelle, I'll probably be riding up with Beth, so my car won't be there. I was just kidding about another coop. DH would kill me! Nice thought, though!

Quote:
I know, I meant the car you were using to get to Beth's! But alas, don't want DH to kill you.

I'm looking forward to fun times building stuff!!I may finish up my 4x4' coop and if I don't sell it before then, I could bring it and sell it to one of you if you wanted it
wink.png

Definitely don't need it here! I have decided that 3 pens are enough

8x8 covered pen
16x24 big pen
1/2 acre YARD

I have my 4 garage brooders in case I need them, plus my little tractor that has a 2x4 coop and 6x4 run. Works fine for pairs or isolating a rooster or hen.

At the rate I'm going, the only major construction I will need to do is build a bigger hutch for my 8x8 pen. I use a rabbit hutch now but have been wanting to add a built on hutch to the wall....something like a 3x6. that would be perfect sized for my bantam mottled cochin flock which will live there permanently eventually.

Other than that....I would love to finish off my projects and do house and yard stuff. Lots of improvements need to be made that involve chickens!

Thank you everyone for all the posts saying hello!! You all keep that snow. Don't want it here! Don't want those hawks and owls either!

Yes Kayson is growing soooo fast! He is my little piglet! Here are some pictures I took today, in his first pair of jeans. He will be 2 months old on the 12th.

Guess I can't post pictures yet .... I will go to my mom's name and post pictures.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom