Sdwd

I was going to take your advice and do the 8 hour thing, Kathy. That was the plan. But two days? I'm in panic mode! And I will not make my family set up an incubator... No, no, no! Not that AND treat the Delawares' ripped up beaks!
he.gif

LH, Dusty pulled "a Delilah" on me. Her comb is exactly like DeDe's now! Found it half torn off her head. DH wanted to try to superglue it on, but I don't hold out much hope for that.
hmm.png
She is now in the broody pen. I swear, I think I need ten of those (broody pens, that is, not accident prone hens).

Quote:
NOTHING . . . They should REST 24 hours before going in the incubator anyways. . .

Yes, unwrap them, set them small end down in egg cartons and let them rest from their travels at your room temperature. They will be fine to rest even 2 days or 3 at room temperature....Do NOT refrigerate or heat them in any way. They were at the most 2 days old when they left the farm...They will be just great and appreciate a rest before going to work! Glad they arrived well!

Quote:
NOTHING . . . They should REST 24 hours before going in the incubator anyways. . .

Yes, unwrap them, set them small end down in egg cartons and let them rest from their travels at your room temperature. They will be fine to rest even 2 days or 3 at room temperature....Do NOT refrigerate or heat them in any way. They were at the most 2 days old when they left the farm...They will be just great and appreciate a rest before going to work! Glad they arrived well!

Ahh, okay! I wasn't sure when you collected them. I figured it'd be okay, though, since most eggs take a much longer time to get here than your fast delivery!
thumbsup.gif

Thank you! Not one is broken.

so handsome...Looks like a lovely redhead there! Ahem I should have said handsome...Time to call it a day!

Okay auctions are up and running. Today I must confess, I traded eggs with lockedhearts for one beautiful laying white silkie!!!! she's in the house for the evening and just so nice! talks to me constantly!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom