Sdwd

Quote:
Like this one? It would have been an Easter Egger. No Ameraucanas have that coloring. Junebug here is half Delaware, half EE and the worst spoiled lap chicken on the planet. Del crosses are so super sweet!

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/Mtnviewpoultry/Chick Assortment/DSCN1491.jpg

\\\\

Yes looked just like that one. The only differance she wasn't sitting on someones head. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy, are you within 6 miles from the facility?
hugs.gif
Maybe you should try to keep those geese away, and fence in your property.

Kathy the two are still zipping, and hardly making any progress! I haven't even opened the bator since early yesterday morning. They weren't even zipping then. They are cheeping like crazy, and breathing. Humidity has dropped nicely, but still not as low as I would like. However, I have another zipper (BR) about 1/2 way done.
idunno.gif

Har, Amy (Serrin) also has a "Delawegger" from kathyinmo named Lisette. Maybe I'll have one someday for my laying flock.

Last edited:
Quote:
Be patient Nick. You may still get more hatches yet. Good luck!

No, Nick ..... that is 2 counties away from me. It is just plain scary to me! It was found in turkeys, AND they are still gonna process them for meat.
sickbyc.gif

Geese in my FRONT yard yesterday! Really, there is no way to get rid of them. They do not go into the chicken areas.

31282_4-30-2011misc092.jpg

Quote:
Be patient Nick. You may still get more hatches yet. Good luck!

No, Nick ..... that is 2 counties away from me. It is just plain scary to me! It was found in turkeys, AND they are still gonna process them for meat.
sickbyc.gif

Geese in my FRONT yard yesterday! Really, there is no way to get rid of them. They do not go into the chicken areas.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/31282_4-30-2011misc092.jpg

Well that makes me feel better! I doubt that yours are in any kind of danger. Those geese are beautiful!

The fact that they are going to eat them is disgusting. What the heck.

Chick pics! I have a BBS Orp pipped, too!

BR zipper
3c233164.jpg

BO zipper... I think. Might be a BR? I forgot.
87a93963.jpg

EE zipper
ec414bb6.jpg

Brooder... I let them rest in a tote with paper towels before putting them in here.
760239ee.jpg

58250a33.jpg

2f1210e7.jpg

Looking through the pop door. I made it so I can get down on the chicks' level for pictures and such.
c732d24a.jpg

473141c6.jpg

27002437.jpg

df96156b.jpg

Photoshoot...
4a5642d0.jpg

1e563390.jpg

432c4bb3.jpg

87b53565.jpg

0dcf986c.jpg

EE's
7513df46.jpg

BO's
0b6ce678.jpg

Ameraucanas... I think I have a Lav and a Splash? All I know is the person I got the eggs from said that she has "assorted Ameraucanas with some black roosters".
idunno.gif

ef7c8dca.jpg

Delaware or Rhodel... If Rhodel than I know it's female.
ac6362d5.jpg

Oh, and see the idiot's guide to raising chickens? They were trying to show me where it was!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Thank you all. I am going to pick up some wood for the new coop in a little bit.

I am reading through the heritage large fowl thread. It is so interesting to read what Walt, Robert and Chris say. Full of more great information!

I am trying to find out info about Ralph Sturgeon's book "Start Where You Are With What You Have". It sounds great, but only 500 copies were made.
sad.png
There was a listing for it on Amazon, but it is sold out, of course. http://www.amazon.com/Start-where-you-what-have/dp/B00070I7JE

Just
emailed Scott, maybe I can go get some hatching eggs from him. That would be so nice.

Have a nice day everyone!

Last edited:
LH and others, check out the latest pictures of Adonis here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6301965#p6301965

I'm
afraid we may have an "Addie" instead.
hide.gif

I think Beau was stalking me a little bit ago, LH! That bad boy is about 20 weeks old now. He was out on range and I stopped to take a pretty pic of this handsome guy. He saw the camera and started coming toward me, picking up a leaf, then dropping it, then doing it again as he came closer. Then I saw the wing start to drop a bit and I said, "Little man, don't you even think about it!" I put the camera away and he ran off to find this girls.

DSCN1937.jpg

DSCN1938.jpg

DSCN1939.jpg

Back
Top Bottom