Sdwd

Wut? *blushing* I did not think it through Knox.
lau.gif

Quote:
Very pretty!! Is it a pair Kathy? What do you plan on doing with them?

I believe I have a trio of them in this pen. One male and two females.
What am I gonna do with them?
idunno.gif
No idea!
lol.png

YAY Beth! Hit them dang coons!

Just found Meg ill. She hasn't laid in about six months. She's been laying around most all day, every day-I think I've commented to LH about it several times recently. Found her on the roost, barely able to breathe just now. When I picked her up, her belly was bloated full of fluid. I think it may be congestive heart failure. She is in the house, but she isn't doing well. I sort of feared I'd lose her fairly soon. Poor Suede! He's lost Smoky already, battled pneumonia (I'd think it was the same with Meg except for the circumstances-if I hadn't felt her abdomen and known she ceased laying months ago, plus noticed her lethargy lately), and now may lose his big redheaded woman he grew up with.
sad.png
It's just what happens when you have an aging flock and don't rotate them out periodically.

I'm so sorry to hear about the hen. It is so hard to let them go too. I know how bad it was for me last winter. I never knew I could cry over hens so much. I still get sad when I think about them. Yes I know, I have younger ones now that have begun to lay but It'll never be like it was with my first bunch. Or at least I don't think it will. Little Arial my black am is really a sweety and loves to come for a back rub. There will always be special ones though.
Poor Suede, loses mount up as we get older that is for sure. Theirs lives are so short anyway.
hugs.gif
to you Cyn. gloria Jean

Quote:
Very pretty!! Is it a pair Kathy? What do you plan on doing with them?

I believe I have a trio of them in this pen. One male and two females.
What am I gonna do with them?
idunno.gif
No idea!
lol.png

YAY Beth! Hit them dang coons!

Well if you have them next Spring (
fl.gif
) I would love to have some hatching eggs from the trio.
smile.png

Thank you, Jeremy and Gloria Jean. Meg hatched with Suede almost five years ago. Poor old guy may outlive all of his girls. I'm glad I did give him the two young Buff Orp pullets so he has those and 4 yr old Dusty. If we lose Meg, I'll probably give him Nugget when she finishes mothering her little Dellie son.

I still remember the day Julie Batchelor asked me if I wanted some of her RIR eggs since her BBS Orps weren't laying well when she went to fill my egg order, and that in the pen with her RIR rooster and his RIR hens were a couple of huge Buff Orp ladies. Meg was the daughter of one of those hens.

Back
Top Bottom