Sdwd

I'm thinking the one in the second picture to the left might be a late blooming cockerel?
hu.gif
Look at those little wattles...

Are the last 2 pictures the same chick? If so, I'm gonna say pullet.

Are these chicks the same age as the obvious boys they are pictured with? If that's the case then they might both actually be pullets, those boys have some big combs already and LOOONG necks. Are they part ostrich?
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, the last 2 pictures are the same one.... I am pretty sure that one is a pullet. The other one, not so sure. Yes, they are all the same age, or possibly 5 days difference. They mock me with the ostrich look when I am crawling around stretching out trying to get pictures!
lol.png

As you may or may not know, I've got silkies again. One of which is a roo. They are in the back room off our garage but I've not told anyone in the house that they are here. Since no one but me goes there. I haven't told even DW they are there. Well yesterday Cad (roo) began to crow and DD says " Dad you've got a loose chicken". Not knowing she meant Cad (the roo). I said where , she said " I think it's in the garage.
gig.gif
I just said Oh and left it at that.
gig.gif

FYI they are BBS and named Cad and Bury , get it Cadbury.
gig.gif

FYI too I've got 18 more chicks coming on Tuesday and DW doesn't know it yet. I can't hide them cuz I have to keep them in the office for a few days so I can keep an eye on them and make sure all is well. I haven't told her what I paid either. She'll toss me to the curb for sure. I figure I better get them before one of the kids calls and asks for money. Again!

Wouldn't it be nice if we parents had as much money as our kids think we do?

Say a prayer she never asks,

Rancher

Kathy don't be to quick with thinking one is a cockeral. I had one that I was sure was a roo from day one. He had the redder comb etc. My Mom said name HIM lucky if he got to stay around. He was the first to lay.
gig.gif
Sometimes nature likes to pull some tricks on us.
lau.gif

Lh You can send those coops to me and I could build a fence and have two areas to brood bunches of NH and Orps.
droolin.gif
Gloria Jean

Quote:
hehehehe aren't they cute? Bless his heart he did so well accomodating my crazy requests. I love the fact he builds them like little houses the construction does not change between sizes merely the sizes of materials used inside such as the roosts. For the ducks, he took the two bantam nests and took the divider out for me to accomodate my big bottomed girl ducks, he lowered them and lowered the pop doors removing the rungs. Really sweet man. His daughters help him and put shingles on and such to earn money to buy their horse feed for their horses. They work as a family unit so not only is the price well worth what you get but I love helping support a family working together.

I am doing nothing fancy right now because of the winter and timing they are getting (1st coat done) stained outside and painted inside, just plain white until Spring cleaning then I will add some color for them. The 4 x 6 is already painted inside and 1st coat drying so the am it gets second coat inside and any touchup needed. Hopefully I can get a run in to Lowe's, get latches and get them all installed and move the ducks in tomorrow evening. The 40W bulb inside for the light is already there waiting and I love that they have a light inside them. If the 40W is too bright I will pick up a 25W at Lowe's or somewhere.

I am excited can you tell? LOL DH has been planning these for awhile for me and he is pleased too.

Last edited:
What the heck is wrong my dang computer now?
I keep getting knocked off-line, and it takes me 10 minutes to make a post.
barnie.gif

I hope you are right, Gloria Jean! I really need a couple more F2 girls!

We worked in the yard today, raking and bagging leaves. The birds love free ranging....

31282_11-19-2011a112.jpg

31282_11-19-2011a113.jpg

31282_11-19-2011a096.jpg

31282_11-19-2011a104.jpg

31282_11-19-2011a103.jpg

31282_11-19-2011a102.jpg

31282_11-19-2011a049.jpg

31282_11-19-2011a055.jpg

31282_11-19-2011a057.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all among everything else I have finally caught the Fall funk. Thank goodness I had a spare bottle of antibiotics. Feeling a little better. I have a Dr. appt. Monday anyway to get my meds for smoking. Thanks for all the well wishes they're appreciated and needed. I've been smoking since the death of my cousin, so its been about 14 years. I've recently increased to two packs a day. I've quit in the past but for only a few days. I figure with our store going non-smoking on Jan 16th and not being able to smoke and with meds and counseling I can quit for good this time. I am going this afternoon to help a friend sheer sheep. I had previously promised so i'm gonna med up and go help her.

LH the coops look awesome!!!!! So happy for you!!!

Knox i'll do all I can to help ya!!

Catdaddy way to go man thats awesome!!!!

Good morning Brandon and all you others!

Tim, You crack me up! I was thinking about giving your wife a phone call, but I lost your phone number. Could you email that to me?
gig.gif
Poor woman needs to know a few things.
lau.gif

My broody mama lost one of her chicks yesterday. I noticed she was one short and started searching around. I found one in her nest (dog house) dead. I have no idea what happened.

31282_11-19-2011a005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom