Sdwd

Cyn, I hope your Gracie will be ok
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Kathy, I don't know if she has Big Red still. And yes, I think it was her with the 60 lb turkey.

Gracie and Hope are side by side on the roost so Hope left the nest and isn't broody (yet). Will have to watch Miss Gracie tomorrow. I hate to lose her so young, but dang, she is so thin, it's weird. Hope is properly chunky-I picked her up when she left after laying her egg tonight. I hate it when you can't tell they're losing weight because of all that fluff.

thanks SDWDers for the birthday wishes all in all a good day albeit was mostly an inside day due to the liquid sunshine but we need it badly here so it was partly a gift to me today too.
smile.png

Jeff

Jeff, I said Happy Birthday elsewhere, but will say it again here, and I hope it was a great day for you!

Cyn, sometimes I think some birds are just not hardy, and it could simply be that. I hope not, she is such a pretty thing.

Gracie doesn't look bad today, but Meg does. Crop issue. She was spitting up water, her crop is waterlogged, so probably is soured a bit. Tom said he thought she was going to die when she came down the ramp. We put her in the hospital cage. Could be, at her age, her system is beginning to shut down. She just got over pneumonia, poor thing.

I'm about to make some major flock changes around here. We're just tired. Need simpified flock arrangement and old ladies' coop back. Poor Reba can't even fight off the bantam roosters now. Sigh. Someone is coming to get Nugget's kid this weekend. She's through mothering him and the little heathen is mating her every day! He's EIGHT weeks old, for crying out loud!

Hi all its a rainy dreary day here. Was just wondering if any of you were going to join the New Years day hatch this year. Everything is good here so far. Have the work Christmas party tonight will be glad to get it over with,lol. Well take care and stay dry!!!

Just cloudy here so far.

Nugget just laid her first post-baby-raising egg while little pesky son sat in the nest with her. He turned 8 weeks old yesterday and this is the earliest she has ever laid after raising a chick. Alice, one of my blue Rocks, also laid her first post-molt egg this morning. Dusty is laying again as of yesterday, so things are looking up in the egg dept!

Back
Top Bottom