Sdwd

Quote:
According to the old timers
old.gif
on this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=605260 6 weeks is not too young to be out in the cold.
hu.gif

She should have all her feathers by now, Amy- boot them out and regain your peace and quiet! And I was more laid back yesterday and am feeling decidedly better today, I can now raise my leg on it's own power. DH gave it a nice deep massage last night and I slept with it propped.

Laura, how you doing?

Cyn!!! Great organizing. All your fabric makes me want to start sewing doll clothes again - it looks like you have some beautiful pieces in there.

Beth, I am glad you are feeling better.
I am not so bad today. My neice is here helping today [and talking my ears off
wink.png
] I just have to take it easy. I think I will work on Christmas cards today.

Yes Amy, I am listening! Please don't get out those flying monkey's of yours
hide.gif
BTW, I believe that the baby would be fine.

Cyn, I love that set up.

Knox, that is just too funny! I sure would loved to have seen that
gig.gif

Knox, get a picture of that. Wear that hat again and see if she does it again, that would be priceless!

Laura, glad you are better!

Last edited:
Whew! Clean up and shift day here.
th.gif
We made a devider door and another poop door for the big coop. Then I devided up the big hens from the smaller ones. The NH rooster Fred, got the smaller girls and Beau the big English Mix got the larger ones. The boys were so funny as they have never lived with the hens since they were about 6 weeks old. You should have seen the strutting and preening
gig.gif
. I did not see either of them get lucky yet!! They were calling the girls to food and dancing for them though. Good roos so far. None of the hens seemed to mind and when they would get close they would squat but the roos did not know yet quite what to do. I expect by tomorrow they will have figured it out.
lau.gif

Beth and Nella I hope you both are doing better. It takes a long time for sprains to heal. Sometimes 6 weeks be careful of them , you here.
old.gif

Brandon keep at it. you are doing great. Gloria Jean

OMG Beth did you hit the nail on the head...I had to stand there and do "boobie scratches" for 20 minutes (rubbing and sratching her pecs are known as 'boobie scratches' LMAO). Everytime I tried to leave she would grab my jacket and yank me back like a ragdoll so I would do boobie scratches and tell her how beautiful she was and how mean that man was to not give her the grain and cookies and I know how hard it is to be the Diva Do and so misunderstood while she munched happily on her grain and hay. When she got to her cookies she finally let me leave and come back to the house. *sigh* what a brat she is a filthy brat I might add, rolling in the mud and junk, she needs a bath but it has been too cold. But you cannot say that to her Whoa be it to you if you do not tell her she is beautiful.
th.gif

JUNEBUG IS INSANE! That darn Delawegger made it all the way to the end of the road in my Jeep before DH spotted her in the back. She hopped in while it was warming up and hid in the back cargo area. That dingbat!
th.gif

JUNEBUG IS INSANE! That darn Delawegger made it all the way to the end of the road in my Jeep before DH spotted her in the back. She hopped in while it was warming up and hid in the back cargo area. That dingbat! th

When I howled with laughter, DH came in to see what was so funny. I told him, "Look what you've done!". He was rolling, too, and properly taking the blame for it.​

Mentioned it elsewhere but may as well here as well. Had a hawk attack yesterday that killed one of my older girls. Stew #3. As you may remember, I lost Stew #2 to that freak maggot thing recently. It's a bad time to be a bird named Stew here lately. Only one left, Stew #1, my first chicken ever.

The chickens are all locked up indefinitely now. Thank goodness I downsized enough to where I can do so without overcrowding. I did take off Thursday from work and plan to finally build doors for the front of the garage/barn area where the rabbits are. It is 12x24 and even with a bunch of rabbit cages in there, it has the full floor space. The cages are all up high enough for chickens to walk underneath. I believe I will move the "main flock" which numbers a whopping TEN to spend winter in there. That will leave the 8x8 coop and 8x8 covered pen for the New Hamp quad, and only 1 extra New Hamp rooster to figure out what to do with. I do have another New Hamp rooster but will be bringing him to sell this weekend.

The mottled cochins are all already spending winter in the garage in their 4 brooder shed/units. This will at least put it off til spring the whole "making hawk secure areas".

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom