Sdwd

I suppose I shouldn't have doubted my intelligence because I figure this out the first time. Piece of cake. You know men we don't read instructions and I didn't.
Anyhow this is the yard I must snow blow to get to the birds every day. I have to pull my wagon out there to bring fresh water. You can not see them but the big loop brings me past the two new half hoop coops being built for growing out chicks. The woods are very beautiful in the winter. Found out how to edit too. It looks like evening in this pic but it's really mid - morning.

Last edited:
I knew you could do it, Tim!!
highfive.gif

Got my first D'Anver egg today! Aimee was the first to lay.
yesss.gif

Tim, you just keep that snow up there in New York. One of the reasons we moved is to get away from snow. I hate it. 300 miles really did make a difference.

You are so smart, Tim. Us old dogs really CAN learn new tricks, can't we?

Here is Aimee settled on a nest. She was behind a green crate on the floor and I couldn't find her at first, then she got off and I removed it and replaced it with a small trashcan on its side--didn't want eggs stockpiling back there where I couldn't reach them- the big green collapsible crate had been a nest for big Nugget, who is with Suede, and Reba, who recently died. Sunny is still there, but she doesn't lay anymore. Aimee wanted to hide so I pulled hay from the adjacent nest over the top of her and she laid her little egg, finally! You can just see her tail sticking out on the end in the pic with Shadow and Molly.

I'm sort of worried about my sweet old Sunny, who is 6 yrs old now. She ceased laying about a year ago, though no signs of anything amiss in her abdomen that we can palpate. She just looks, well, tired. She is now the senior chicken here; the next oldest are Suede, Meg, Caroline, Miranda, Becca & Amanda, who are all 5 years old.

One of the last pics taken of Sunny, who lives with the D'Anvers:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom