Sdwd

Nella, How many bunnies do you have now?
bun.gif

A million.......or at least that's what it feels like.

About 3 dozen. Plus a bunch of babies in nestboxes.

Trudy has 4 babies
DeeDee has 3 babies
WhoKnows has 4 babies
Priscilla has 2 babies
RosieDee has 2 babies
LittleHiefer has 5 babies
CindyLou has 2 babies
Serendipity has 2 babies
Bebe has 2 babies (plus 1 peanut who won't make it)
Pelosi and Star are both bred and should kindle today
Buttercup is bred and due tomorrow
4 does are bred and due 2/11
2 does are bred and due 2/23

Nationals is May 5th. All of this breeding is to make rabbits that will show or be sold at Nationals. Non-show quality will be sold between now and then, as they hit 8-10 weeks. Trudy and DeeDee are netherland dwarfs. Everyone else is lionheads. The dwarf babies will all be sold except 1 or 2.

Gosh, Nella, they're multiplying like..dare I say it? RABBITS! Bahahahaha! I'm so original.

Amy, the closest Hobby Lobby is over an hour away from me. And yes, every time we go, I print out that online coupon.

Last edited:
Best thing about lionheads? They are dwarfs and usually have small litters! So unlike a big "meat" rabbit who may have a dozen babies, these guys usually only have 2 or 3 and often have peanut which have double copies of the dwarf gene and are deformed and always die. You can breed 10 does and get 20 viable babies. Instead of 120!

Gosh, Nella, they're multiplying like..dare I say it? RABBITS! Bahahahaha! I'm so original.
yuckyuck.gif

Amy, the closest Hobby Lobby is over an hour away from me. And yes, every time we go, I print out that online coupon.

Same here. We either have to go to Grand Rapids or Muskegon. Of course if we want to do anything besides go to Wally World we have to go to G.R. or Muskegon.

When are the ones I sent you due, Kathy? Is it that time already?? Time is just speeding by, especially since the hatches are not my hatches, LOL. halo has six cute little BR kids and her second set is due about Feb 16 or so, if I remember correctly.

Laura, I did notice your new avatar. Very cute! No one would know who I was if I didn't have Suede or Isaac up there. I could really confuse them if I put one of the porcelain D'Anvers as my avatar!

Last edited:
OH YAY ! ! SDWD has another broody!
celebrate.gif

Hey there SDWDers and Amy I'm right here, havent gone astray and been lurking ever so often and keeping up with the goings-ons here, too!

Well, I got 3 naturaly powered(green) incubators going on here all at one time and you know whats the bad thing about the whole ordeal is I don't have a single pure breed nothing egg to place under any of them at the moment. I got to get my rump in gear and get my breeder pens finished up. It seems evrytime I get started something else comes up (WORK) and halts my forward progression. But I got to make hay($) while the hays there to be made right? right! LOL

Jeff

When are the ones I sent you due, Kathy? Is it that time already?? Time is just speeding by, especially since the hatches are not my hatches, LOL. halo has six cute little BR kids and her second set is due about Feb 16 or so, if I remember correctly.

Yes, Cyn, it is your eggs I am talking about (and some of mine I tossed in, too). THey are due Feb 1.

Back
Top Bottom