Sdwd

Thank you so much Lori
hugs.gif
I am sorry to say that "pet Quality" partridge boy, Leo, you saw here in May was killed protecting his white rock girls and Jet the little black silkie baby I got from you...she survived but 2 white rocks were killed.
I don't have partridges at all any more, but am building a buff silkie flock, and eventaully will have whites as well. Poor Leo....
hugs.gif

Well, I'm collecting more eggs from Nugget and Hope, and if by some miracle, Dusty and Meg start laying again in the next few days, I'll take them, too. They'll be going in the bator as soon as this current hatch is over, along with more of June's, Shadow's and whatever I have of the D'Anvers I got before Aimee and Penny went broody.

Today is Day 19 and both of Shadow's eggs were pipped first thing this morning. This will be a long, drawn out hatch with such early pipping, then the standards that may not hatch until the end of Day 21 or beginning of Day 22.

Last edited:
I don't know. Never had one of Shadow's babies here (she's a lav Cochin). The D'Anvers aren't even pipped yet. On second glance, I'm not sure of the color. It has lots of white, but it may be black. Will have to wait for it to really dry.

Here is the first pic of Shadow's first chick ever:

Last edited:
I don't know. Never had one of Shadow's babies here (she's a lav Cochin). The D'Anvers aren't even pipped yet. On second glance, I'm not sure of the color. It has lots of white, but it may be black. Will have to wait for it to really dry.

Very pretty! I am so dumb..... I didn't even know there were Lavender Cochins!
I do love the pretty lavender color.

There are plenty of Lavender bantams of several breeds; of course, many call it Self Blue, as you know, but they are easier to find in bantam than standard. I don't care for lavender in large fowl, personally. This one does appear to have been sired by Aubrey or Angus, from the light color-it's finally drying off enough to tell that it is not black.

Last edited:
Awwwww it is a baby DIVA.

Lori, Leo stayed around here because he was just an awesome pet. He had a couple silkie girls and 6 white rocks that adored him...he thought he was the MAN. But he was very Brave, he dis your flock proud. He loved his girls and I would have 10 more of him ... great boy. I miss my hippie rocker rooster...his loving nickname...he reminded me of an old hippie and rocker. LOL

Last edited:

Awww. Sweet! Welcome to the world little one.

Back
Top Bottom