Sdwd

LMAO halo that volcanic eruption is actually here in northern Kentucky already. for three days...I think however Godzilla day will get here that day after the coast gets it.

Thank you Seminolewind....she makes me nuts but she is a teenager and is supposed to right? She is a very loving child and cannot stand to watch me kill predators but she is a tough gal too and can do it herself if needed. Her heritage is a blend that is unual. I am 3/4 Cherokee Indian and 1/4 Italian and her father is full blooded Puerto Rican.

She found a possum in my horse stall one morning...it had been stomped pretty good by my mare (she is protective of her stall) well it was barely alive and Chy brought it to the house on a pitchfork and she said "Mom, what do I do with it?" I said "Finish it off" SHe had a fit. I told her to drown it or take it in the woodline and stab it with the pitchfork. hahahahaha Well this is what happened..and it was hysterical.

She takes the possum down into the woods on the deer trail and she sets it down and decides that she needs to pull the ticks off its face...so she is doing that when this doe walks up and is watching her and she is talking to the possum saying things like "why did you go in her stall, you should have known she would stomp you, you are not too bright are you" I am chuckling as she stands up and looks at possum and says "I am very sorry because I have to stab you with this pitchfork now because mom said so". So she stabs it and the doe bolts freaking her out and she swears to this day that the possum, upon hearing she had to stab it, looked at her eyes wide open as if to say "Say what?" Then she says to me "Are you happy now...you made me scare the thing before I killed it." I said "I did not tell you to get to know the possum and share the impending murder with it" . She just rolled her eyes at me.

I took her to Cyn's ONCE and everytime we turned around she was carrying some feathered child....including Isaac whom she hugged and kissed and carried and swung in the hammock with. She is a mess!

I know everyone is having such an awful time with the heat. I saw this weather report, and wasnt sure where it was, surely its local to one of you guys.
HEY! That is near some of you, isn't it?
lau.gif

Chicks.
Way too many chicks growing out here. I got started hatching late this year.
4 pens of chicks and growouts, plus one with meaties = 5. Nella brooders, and new hatches. I was suppose to deliver some to Kansas today, but had to postpone. Plan is for Tuesday now, because I have a doctors appointment tomorrow.

Last edited:
I think Neela gave me the broody flare when I pulled eggs from under her this a.m. Pray it isn't so. PLEASE!
hit.gif

Suede's crow was a tad weak this morning. I hope he's okay. He's a good age for a very large rooster, which worries me in this heat, plus he did have pneumonia last year.

Last edited:
What is up with these stupid women? Zena on eggs in my basement, Addie clucking like loon, and jet and Mrs Fluffy broody again. Do they not get it that it is over 100 degrees outside?

What is up with these stupid women? Zena on eggs in my basement, Addie clucking like loon, and jet and Mrs Fluffy broody again. Do they not get it that it is over 100 degrees outside?
I have two broodies at the moment, Florrie (BLRW) and Pearl (BO) who is 19 days into her second brood since May 1st. And they are not only in the coop but insist on both using the same next box at the same time. There are two nest boxes, but even when no one is brooding, all four girls would rather double and triple-decker up in the left box rather than move next door into the right box. Silly birds. It's like the line to the ladies' room at intermission.

mm

Back
Top Bottom