Sdwd

I understand how you feel...I cannot wait for my little coch'anvers to start laying so I can start hatching because I am sooooooo excited to see what they produce. The wait is killing me. hehehehehehe

So...no one likes the "Little Man Vest"? I am so shocked. hahahahaha I am using the little vest for my rooster doorstops....all boys need a vest. :)

He is very large. If the male has much to say about size, the chicks should be larger than the ones I have now. I am watching my F3s. I am astonished. Some of them look like Cornish Cross in weight. I really can see what their purpose is - dual purpose. These birds are much larger than any of the other Dels I have had.

Kathy you should be very proud of these birds, they all look absolutely amazing.

Kathy you should be very proud of these birds, they all look absolutely amazing.
Thank you, Jeremy! I have a ways to go, but I think I will get there now.
smile.png
I'm very happy with what I am getting so far.

Good heavens, I hope they are for your doorstops. If not - I'm callin' in the folks in white coats to take you away. You are NUTZ ! ! ! :lau

Kathy the pattern is for the doorstops the one cut out and pctured is for my d'anver roo, Rufus. So ya better make that call cause that chicken will wear is vest dang it.

Kathy, I do believe you've taken them back to true meat birds now, what they were originally. With Ike's generation, they were getting so much better, for certain-he, Georgie and Ellie are quite densely muscled and heavy-but you took on quite the project, back to the beginning, which took getting the best of the best and starting from square one. Kudos!

Kathy, don't shoot me, but what happened to the leg color on some of them? Seems like they would be old enough to show yellow legs already. I'm not being critical, just asking. Seems because of the cross, they shouldn't lose that color, right?

How much red bleed-thru are you still fighting with this latest generation? And this may be a weird question, but will there come a time when you have to pull back from the heavy-meat-bird weights on these? Delawares have an SOP weight they should be, so I could see them actually becoming too large. Some look like they could be on the verge of that, though they are really looking handsome right now, both the males and females. Or is that a dumb question?

Back
Top Bottom