Sdwd

Before the logging, it was just dense, quiet woods, nothing wrong with it. You can see that Tom had cut trails for me to walk, before I broke my ankle years ago, but we had only a seasonal view of the surrounding mountains. Now, we have a year round view and a possible place to grow things in full sun.

Oh Nevermind? Do you got sumfin to say bout the Junebug? It us rough living with her seriously. LOL
Ummm, I was rambling.....
hide.gif

But, yes - I do have something to say 'bout the Junebug!
love.gif

Kathy, will you still keep your Buff Laced Brahmas or did you liquidate those? They were really looking wonderful last time I saw pictures.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do when Isaac is gone. I don't want anymore Delawares, just not fond of white chickens, even with the handsome patterns the Dels have and I don't want any more Delaweggers or other Del crosses. They are certainly not as heat tolerant as I would like, which surprised me. They suffer as much as the black chickens I own, maybe more so.

Isaac is over 3 1/2 so I have to think about that since I do plan to continue free ranging and I want a rooster or two with the flock at all times. Gideon is handsome but he's too jumpy for my taste, though certainly he's not in the least aggressive. I just don't have the energy for him and neither does Tom. I could get more Stukel Rocks since I really love my hens and Rex was the best eye candy in the world. Maybe some EEs and/or Ameraucanas from halo, but I don't want to make any hasty decisions so I will be contemplating this before I need to make the decision.

Someone is coming for my two D'Anver pairs and a few of the chicks on Friday. I will be keeping my original three D'Anver hens, plus Lucy and Misty, plus two of the chicks that the broodies are still raising. I did well on the pullet ratio with these this time. Then, I think I'll move a few of my older hens into the bantam coop, which doesn't have a steep ramp, like Amanda and Caroline. And when sweet old Suede passes, maybe Meg, Dusty and Nugget will go in there as well. Meg is too old to have to deal with Isaac's attentions. He is still a motivated breeder at times, even at his age.

Cyn,
I sold all the Brahmas, the Chocolates, all my Lavenders (Ameraucanas), Black Ameraucanas, Miss Olive and her daughters, most of the Silver Laced Wyandottes (kept a trio), and others. My layers coop is now F1s and F2s, a few Marans, 2 Wheaten Ameraucanas, and 1 Easter Egger. I still have English Orps, and will sell most of them, too. Seriously downsizing.

Nice view, Cynthia!

I put my EE out this morning and some hens attacked her and the rooster was relentless, so now she's in with the silkies.

Anything I can do about that?

Not much you can do except let them fight it our. Settle down and chill...unless you cam stand there and bust it up until they give up because of your interference

Nice view, Cynthia!

I put my EE out this morning and some hens attacked her and the rooster was relentless, so now she's in with the silkies.

Anything I can do about that?

Have they been in a pen where the other birds could see and be close to them? That generally makes it easier to integrate, unless you have just the one you're trying to integrate.

Back
Top Bottom