Sdwd

Gloria Jean scroll back a couple pages and check out my boys I am looking for new homes for. Gosh I love these boys... I am blessed in that I have three Suede daughters right now. Athena will be 3 next month and she is currently broody for the first time. I am letting her sit on some bantam eggs so hopefully she has the opportunity to be a mom before I lose her. She has her mama's pendulous crop and it will ultimately kill her. :( I also have my beautiful Diva Splash daughter, Zena who constantly pretends broody to keep the boys aay. And my Addie who I am currently fighting a horrid case of bumblefoot and trying desperately to keep it under control and not lose her to it. I recently lost our beautiful Delilah aka Kung Fu Sumo Chicken to a horrid infection and fly strike from a leg injury. :(

I also have a Suede Son and Daughter from his redheaded girl, Meg. Hector is second in command and Nutmeg is a mess! LOL

I hope that all of Dusty's eggs are fertile and there will be more Suede babies before he passes. I pray for him every night and call to check on him every day. What a wonderful gentle soul that big blue boy has.

Cetawin, I had a meg daughter too. I loved that big girl. If you have chicks and am heading to see Cyn next spring sometime I would love to have a couple of chicks from them. I can not keep another boy. I have a German NH now. He is 21wks old so I do not know how he will turn out. I also have a bl/wheaten male that is 12 wks old that I want to keep. I have only two main coops to use for winter. I think they will be my last building projects. It has been ultra expensive. We had to hire most of it done as we no longer are young enough to tackle the larger projects anymore alone. Putting in long screws even with the drill is hard even when we drilled the holes first. Who knew we were getting so soft.
I do want to keep some of the Suede line if possible. They are good layers and have a sweet , although , diva attitude at times.
ep.gif
. don't you just love them. I remember how you loved your Thor and I had one I loved at the time too. Someone else has him but I forgot his name. He gets to free range with his girls everyday. That's something I could not give the big fellow. I have large 12x45ft. runs to play in. Too many dogs, coyotes, possums, raccoons and chickens, guinneas and ducks from next door to eat or give disease to them. I would love to turn them out on my two acres of grass to free range. They would be a beautiful site. Maybe in years to come I can fence in a large portion of it for them. Oh dreams are wonderful aren't they? since I am moving the runs etc. to the back of my house up on a flat a bit behind my house in the woods they will have a larger area that my hb won't mind if I fence in. It will take me some yrs to get it all done though. When you stop working and your pay is cut back, cds are not bringing in much of anything it makes a BIG difference in your expenditures.
Hope you have a great day and don't forget me this Spring when it comes to a few Suede line babies. I'll save up for them. Gloria jean

I heard him crow this morning. It was weak, but he's still announcing his presence. He looked better yesterday, better color most of the day. The day before that, I thought I was going to have to make THE call to LH. It was a very bad day for him.

Suede is a tough old guy. Other than last year's short bout of pneumonia, he's always been super healthy, outlived three of my Barred Rock roosters and four of his own hens. He even had one actual fight with one rooster, Hawkeye, and I had to separate them.

Gloria Jean I so understand about the costs...I am getting estimates this coming week to have 7 or 8 runs built each 6' x 40' covered. I myself have 6 breeder pens to build to mount on the main coop walls, they will be 3' d x 5' l x 2' h. Winterizing needs to be started too. Oh and I have to install their water tower and auto waterers oh and build a new duck coop and enclose one pen for the cochin trio. Sigh...makes me tired thinking about it.

I wish I had known...I just sold a Nutmeg daughter. Hopefully, God willing eggs and babies will be available in the spring.

Cyn, love on Suede for me today too.

Cyn, thought you could use a laugh today. Got a few pics of the crew today, including Rex Jr. Talk about slow maturing!

First the girls..

This is a young blue girl.

Isnt this the oddest colored wheaten marans??

A young blue boy Im growing out.

Baby Rex

Is he not the funniest thing you've ever seen??? I can't remember when he was hatched, Im thinking February, so that makes him 6 months old. He towers above everyone.

Back
Top Bottom