Sdwd

SCOTT!! We sure miss you here. I was afraid you were working yourself to death. Say hi to your family for me, please.

hugs.gif

I was talking about the picture I posted, Tim. The pictures are not of my stock - they are pictures of the Stukel line of Barred Rocks. I hatched them from eggs from Cyn.

YOUR rooster is from my Good Shepherd stock.

Listen this Rooster never saw a "Good" anything. He must be from the Bad Shepherd stock.
lol.png

Happy Birthday.
yippiechickie.gif

Scott , glad you got work. These girls still aren't laying and quite frankly I may have to build bigger nest boxes they are so big. Their legs are so long I think they're Columbian Rocketts.
lol.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the birthday wishes. Just another day when ya get this old. (Right, Tim?)

Glad to hear from ya, Scott! School in session - you are gonna be busy, busy, busy!
I like those plain ol' black and white chickens - Barred Rocks, Delawares, and Silver Laced Wyandottes!
lol.png

Tim,
Just wanted to tell ya - glad it's you that got the mean rooster, and not me.
lau.gif

Kathy , I know where you live and if you see the mailman with his arms all bandaged and carrying a wooden crate with a skull and cross bones on it, watch out.
lau.gif

As for getting old? Any day is a good day when you wake up and hear the roosters crow.

Cetawin, I got a broody with four in the back room and one with two in one coop and three hens sitting on eggs in another. I hate to hatch this late but these chicken females don't listen any better than the human kind. I'm so old I don't get upset anymore.

Scott , glad you got work. These girls still aren't laying and quite frankly I may have to build bigger nest boxes they are so big. Their legs are so long I think they're Columbian Rocketts.
lol.png

Tim

Post a few pix when you can. My pullets from this year are HUGE, but when I weigh them, they are just really "close" to SOP. Gives you an idea of how large a bird is "supposed" to be to close standard weight. When they DO start laying, they are very consistent, but mine are regularly 6+ months before they start. Pretty typical for true heritage type birds from what I hear

Tim I hear ya...I have a broody with 4 just moved out to the bantam coop, 3 babies in a large tote in the livingroom, 4 babies in the bator drying, 5 or 6 in the new hatchling cage and a broody on eggs in the main coop with my splash Orp girl threatening broody again. Crazy women for sure.

Hiya Scott! So glad to see you. You sure have been missed around here.

Tim I hear ya...I have a broody with 4 just moved out to the bantam coop, 3 babies in a large tote in the livingroom, 4 babies in the bator drying, 5 or 6 in the new hatchling cage and a broody on eggs in the main coop with my splash Orp girl threatening broody again. Crazy women for sure.

Hiya Scott! So glad to see you. You sure have been missed around here.

Well we are up to nine new chicks. Haven't checked since the am. Going to a meet/party Sun and may take some for the chinese auction Most everyone is full up with chicks though.

Back
Top Bottom