Sdwd

Congrats on your new additions Brandon.

I am tired
th.gif

Happy Birthday LH
yippiechickie.gif
Eat lots of cake.

Just got back ( well not just) from the NY meet at Tabs. She and her husband are real nice and have impressive barn according to DW. Mind you DW is not an animal person and doesn't throw compliments around so that's something.

Didn't bring anything home but that's ok. I did get rid of two pullets and three chicks though. But more are on the way if these girls have their way.

Good garden o' peas I think I have an EE that is broody now! The Birchen M. is still on one more egg after hatching four. I took her first four and gave them to another hen with four chicks and the hen seems to be fine with eight instead of four. At least I don't have to brood them.

What is it with these birds? Why do they just go broody anytime they feel like it?

I had a BO go broody and I moved her to the Del coop which is visible through the chicken wire wall between the two. She got sick and died in less than a week. I'm to nervous to mess with moving broodies now. She seemed fine I have no idea what happened she dropped so fast. I know the roos weren't bothering her, they are just to nice.

Thanks everyone i had a nice day. DH and DD took me to some antique malls and we spent five hours wandering and looking. We had a nice lunch. I did find some antique bottles ranging from 1870s - 1920s. Some of them will be received by friends for Xmas filled with bath oil or something I make.

I did not do as well as Brandon at the swap. I took three to sell and came home with 7! I got four girls from Brandon. Elizabeth Olive. Betty Ford. And newly named Lena which is Cheyenne's gold laced cochin girl to go with Lizzie and Luke. I will update with pics later once I upload them.

As an update for you all just in case Cyn has not...Suede and Hope are still with her but they are both fading. Suede is tough and he is fighting to stay with his girls and Cyn. So say a prayer that the sweet boy passes soon on his own so Cyn does not have to put him down. Also say a prayer for Cyn because her heart is breaking and this is very hard on her.

Back
Top Bottom