Sdwd

Cyn,
So sorry about the headache. If i oversleep I will get one too. Even a sleeping pill will do it. that area of the brain sure is sensitive. So The sweet boy is still with us. I guess he knows how bad we all hate to see him go. I am still downsizing due to my fall. This winter I am going back to the coast of NC, till April. My hens and roo are going with me. Joyous 8 hr. trip for both of us.
barnie.gif
My Mom is 86 and i want to spend more time with her too. Plus this imbalance thing with the neuralgia is driving me about nuts. I do not want, or need another fall so broken anything for sure. It makes for a rotten 6-8 weeks for sure. Gloria Jean

Karen, we have Humana One Dental. Can't get dental through TriCare, just health insurance, which costs about $540/year for TriCare Prime, plus $12 per visit copays for dr visits. The cost for the dental insurance is $16/mo., very reasonable, however, the closest participating are an hour and a half away so it's a big trip every time we have to go. I go to an opthalmologist about an hour away in Cleveland, TN for that $12 copay. Even with gasoline cost, it's cheaper than paying WalMart's doctor $70 for an exam. Then, I get the glasses at WalMart in Murphy, NC.

Had to go to the ER because the severe nausea started. Once that starts, it doesn't stop until I get a shot. Doesn't happen that often but when it does, it's bad.

Gloria Jean, I think the dental procedure somehow triggered that migraine, maybe just the stress of having to go there.

Last edited:
Well good you have some reasonable way to get glasses.
I got migraines when I was a kid. I wouldn't wish them on my enemies. Absolutely horrible. And when older, I would get some in the car and have to pull over and breathe into a paper bag for 30 minutes. That was just about the only thing that worked at the time. Always had a small paper bag in my car for emergencies.
I hope you got your shot and it helped.

Slept 12 hours last night woke with migraine so on meds right now. Haven't had one of those headaches in months. Didn't even have meds when I went to the dentist if you don't count the topical gel anesthetic he put on my teeth. I really want to be back to my old self again.

Many moons ago, I figured out that only one third of my migraines were actually migraines. It turned out that one third were actually sinus infections. This I learned when I was in college and got stuck in the dorms for the weekend with a massive headache, and all I could find was my roommate's Dristan. The next third I figured out just before I got married. I was working in retail and was having four or five cups of coffee...just for lunch, and had every Thursday off. Since I didn't usually have coffee at home, I ended up having these monstrous, disabling headaches every Thursday. Took me about two months to come to the conclusion that I was actually suffering from caffeine withdrawal. This still happens if I don't maintain my usual coffee regimen, OR OVERSLEEP. If this is even a piece of what your situation is, the good news is that it can be helped with a hot cup of coffee. Don't know if this will work for you, but it was life changing for me. Hope you feel better soon.

mm

I'm overtired because my thyroid meds need adjusting and they haven't arrived yet. The doc upped the dosage, but the meds are in the mail right now, so that's why I'm so tired lately, hence conking out at 8 p.m. Trust me, I have my coffee every day. I haven't had one of these type headaches since late 2011 so they don't happen that often and I do think the dental work was a trigger. I just have to take it easy for a few days so it doesn't rebound on me.

I'm overtired because my thyroid meds need adjusting and they haven't arrived yet. The doc upped the dosage, but the meds are in the mail right now, so that's why I'm so tired lately, hence conking out at 8 p.m. Trust me, I have my coffee every day. I haven't had one of these type headaches since late 2011 so they don't happen that often and I do think the dental work was a trigger. I just have to take it easy for a few days so it doesn't rebound on me.
The ones where I'd like to replace my eyeballs with ice cubes are my favorites. The nausea and photo-sensitivity are something else. Hope it lifts soon.

mm

Thanks, mm. Yeah, when the intense nausea starts and I can't get off the floor without help, that's when it gets really fun.
hmm.png
I see you really know the drill.

Oh, I'm up to FOUR broodies. Maretta, who is Gideon's mom, in the main coop, plus three in the bantam coop, which obviously should be renamed the BROODY Coop: Opal, Shadow's daughter has been broody for two weeks, then two days ago, Molly, my Silver Phoenix, went broody for the second time this year, and yesterday, Misty, Opal's lookalike sister, went broody. So, I have the two Psycho Sisters and Molly, none of whom are getting eggs, and Maretta, who went broody before those three. I DO NOT WANT CHICKS RIGHT NOW! I can't sell the 11 week old d'Anver pullets I already have, or my 26 week old Mille Fleur D'Anver pullet, Mina, who is laying. Naturally, I want someone to take one or both of the roosters in there and I'll sell the pullets if they take the rooster(s), but usually, that isn't a huge issue. Now, I can hardly give them away.

Oh, Gideon has a new owner in South Carolina who is coming to pick him up just after Sept. 25th. She has 7 pullets who are new layers and he will have them all to himself. So, he will have a better situation soon, better than having Isaac always chasing and knocking him over.

Pic of Broody Central today- From left to right: Misty, Opal and Molly:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom