Sdwd

Cyn you already know how deeply saddened I am...I loved Suede to pieces. I know there will be a large void around there but I am so thankful and feel so blessed that I was able to love him in person and meet that gentle soul. I cannot tell you how bad I feel...he was what I aspired to have. I am hete foe you my friend.

Morning!
I hope Cetawin is around , I got those watering cups that attach to a 5 gallon bucket, but the water drips over the edge of the cups and empties the bucket.  I wonder what I did wrong?

Not sure but you could run a thin bead of silicone under the bottom of the cup to raise the connector piece more level maybe.

Speckled Hen,
I am so sorry about Suede. I know you don't know me, but I recognize in your postings that you have with Suede, one of those once-(or twice)-in-a-lifetime relationships that are so rare. For me it was my cat, Mona, who was almost twenty when she died. We shared a birthday, I midwifed her delivery of three kittens when she was only five months old, and she "mothered" mine. Other pets have come and gone, all were loved and had their own endearing traits, some came very close (like Gus, the earlobe-sucking love machine cat) to the soul-mate status that Mona had. I still get teary when I think about them, like now. Mona's been gone eight years, next Tuesday, in fact, and it is still like it was yesterday. I am sure it will be the same for you. He will hold a very special place in your heart for a very long time, I am sure. You are in the thoughts of many here. He has made a huge impression on us all.

mm

Cyn, I'm very sorry. You gave him a wonderful life, he was happy. He had his "humans" well trained to his every whim. He will live on in his offspring.
hugs.gif

Well, I needed that speckledhen.
hit.gif
he was certainly a beautiful boy!

It's always nice to start your day crying. I'm just too big a softie is all... not your fault.

I have one hen left from my start in Andalusians 8 years ago. She's nearing her end I think. Molt is beginning and for the last several nights she hasn't been able to get onto the perch which is maybe 24" off the floor. Her name is Liza and she has brought me many laughs in her lifetime. I'll share a pic of her later.

Cyn I am sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind; - Wordsworth

Back
Top Bottom