Sdwd

Made it back from St.Louis in one piece. Had a run in with a possum in the chicken coop last night. He ran before I could beat him with a shovel, which was the closest weapon to hand. I found his entrance and have fixed it with wire cloth. Hope all is well!!
hugs.gif

What's this crap about possum's playing dead? How come it didn't play dead? Then you could have helped him stop playing.

I got my first organic grocery order in tonight. Yummy. Surprisingly, the prices were not bad at all. Bulk is great, too. They get in the big bags and "split," them into whatever is ordered. I ordered 25 pounds of organic sugar ($35.), 5# rolled oats ($3.44), 5# long brown rice ($.79 per pound), and 2 # popcorn ($2.). Fresh produce was a lovely sight. I got grapefruits, yams, kale, russet potatoes, lettuce, carrots, bananas, apples. Some of the "cases," were as small as 6 cans. nice... I like knowing I am not eating a bunch of pesticide chemicals.

Anyway, I bought a case of (12) ACV drinks. Oh, my gosh - these are GREAT! I love them. They were on sale, too. 16 ounce drinks for $1.29 each. I'm gonna get more of these. Much healthier than that nasty Coke Zero I drink every day. Gonna try to change my habits.

OK, I'm at a total loss here. Is anyone else NOT seeing the tool bar when they post to any of the forum threads? I'm not getting a dang thing, no matter which way I try to post. Nothing. Zilch. Zip. Nadda. Bupkiss! And I gotta say, it's starting to tick me off! Not having emoticons is like trying to type with one hand tied behind my back! **insert ticked off look here!!!** Heck! I can't even pick a different color or font if my life depended on it! What gives?!?!?!?

Kes made her last ever trip to the vet today. She didn't quite make her 15th birthday. Almost completely deaf, cataracts, loss of bladder and sometimes bowel control, weak hips, emaciation and finally, onset dementia. which was the straw that broke the camel's back, as well as our hearts. We've had her since she was about 8 months old, a rescue dog, lab/pointer cross, just a sweet, submissive marshmallow of a lovebug. Tonight will be our first night without a dog in our home in almost 30 years.

Photos of Kes in her younger days, with her best pal Cody, who died 6 years ago, the Daddy she worshipped, or watching the chickens off the deck. The first two pics are at our last house when we first adopted Kes as a companion to then 3 year old Cody:

Then, we moved to the mountains and there was more to see:

Today, before leaving on her last car ride:

Last edited:
hugs.gif
I am so sorry Cyn. She sure had a great life with y'all.

Amy, I have some problems too off and on. I have come to realize that usually whenever there are some new changes here I will have some troubles for a while and then it works out after a couple of weeks. Tonight, I have had trouble just getting the page to load. Hopefully the wrinkles will be ironed out soon.

Kes made her last ever trip to the vet today. She didn't quite make her 15th birthday. Almost completely deaf, cataracts, loss of bladder and sometimes bowel control, weak hips, emaciation and finally, onset dementia. which was the straw that broke the camel's back, as well as our hearts. We've had her since she was about 8 months old, a rescue dog, lab/pointer cross, just a sweet, submissive marshmallow of a lovebug. Tonight will be our first night without a dog in our home in almost 30 years.
Speckledhen,
So sorry for your loss.Our lives are forever improved by the love of our pets.
hugs.gif

mm

Back
Top Bottom