Sdwd

~A dog on its owner's property is a pet; A dog on someone else's property is a predator~

**DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES-No Longer in Service*

Keep your world news and political views to yourself. Don't know. Don't care.

In the famous words of Rhett Butler & Flo, the Waitress, "Frankly, my dear....You can kiss mah grits!"

what'd you have for breakfast a bowl of " Kellogs Grumpies" ?
hmm.png

Now I get the dog thing but do you really get that much spam about world news and politics? Enough to tell people to kiss your grits? Do you really not care? Or are you tired of folks sending you politcal stuff? I got something in the mail the other day but there was no return address. I just tossed it.

Do you REALLY want to know??? Frankly, I wish BYC would eliminate Random Ramblings and Games entirely or at least, forbid, yes, forbid political/religious/other sordid and overly personal topics that seem to pervade RR. There are so many people on BYC who have no chickens and have NO interest in poultry, are here exclusively to become embroiled in hot topics. I mean, RILLY now, would I join a NASCAR forum just for the social part if I hate car racing? That makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever. I want those sections GONE with the WIND (oooh, another Rhett Butler reference!)

And no, I don't care about world news or politics. I really don't. And I don't want to discuss them with anyone, either. Common sense is just as rare as the dodo bird now and it really shows on those issues. I just want to be left alone to live my little insignificant life on my little secluded hill with my chickens and my DH. If he kicks the bucket, I may even kill my internet, too.
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Do you REALLY want to know??? Frankly, I wish BYC would eliminate Random Ramblings and Games entirely or at least, forbid, yes, forbid political/religious/other sordid and overly personal topics that seem to pervade RR. There are so many people on BYC who have no chickens and have NO interest in poultry, are here exclusively to become embroiled in hot topics. I mean, RILLY now, would I join a NASCAR forum just for the social part if I hate car racing? That makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever. I want those sections GONE with the WIND (oooh, another Rhett Butler reference!)

And no, I don't care about world news or politics. I really don't. And I don't want to discuss them with anyone, either. Common sense is just as rare as the dodo bird now and it really shows on those issues. I just want to be left alone to live my little insignificant life on my little secluded hill with my chickens and my DH. If he kicks the bucket, I may even kill my internet, too.
tongue.gif

I suppose you could ignore the threads you don't like and leave other members to make their own judgements.

When things poultry are running smoothly at home, there's not so much to talk about on that subject. Our banties mostly take care of themselves and so I don't have questions to ask at the moment. Other members have much more experience than do I and so there's little advice that I can offer just now. In the meantime, I enjoy reading and taking part in RR threads that appeal to me. RR threads that don't appeal to me I ignore. It's quite a simple mental process to make the decision, I find.

Social sections often keep a forum higher in the search engine rankings by carrying traffic that would otherwise not be there. That's good for the forum as a whole because a high search engine ranking attracts more visits. Also, the more rounded members have other common interests that they like to discuss and share with other members. I think that's good and healthy for BYC and it helps members to get to know a little about each other.

I recall one non-poultry thread in particular that several people found very useful. There are many others but this is one that springs to mind as I write. It was about growing and using bamboo. Do you remember it? Most members probably have no interest in bamboo but a few asked many questions and received a lot of useful information.

Tim asked me a question. I answered his question. I don't recall you being asked to join in this discussion, thai. You have interjected yourself into a discussion between friends on a long running thread that has nothing to do with you. Please go back to your political threads and leave this one alone. This is the NON-political thread for a group of folks who became friends through an interest in the Delaware breed. Please read my signature line again. Apparently, you didn't quite understand that I don't WANT your opinion. I doubt anyone else here does, either. Bye now.

P. S. You don't need to keep reporting me, but hey, thanks for all the attention.

Last edited:
Tim asked me a question. I answered his question. I don't recall you being asked to join in this discussion, thai. Please go back to your political threads and leave this one alone. This is the NON-political thread for a group of folks who became friends through an interest in the Delaware breed. Please read my signature line again. Apparently, you didn't quite understand that I don't WANT your opinion. Bye now.

There's no need to be aggressive!

You posted on a public forum so you must accept that you may get a response. I think that your opinion is wrong and I am free to say so. And it's not for you to decide who may and who may not post.

Again, I refer you to my signature line. Please take it to heart and leave me alone. I don't stalk you and would appreciate the same courtesy.

Believe me, I have no interest in stalking you. I happened to notice a post with which I disagreed and made my own comment.

Perhaps you might take a look at my signature.

There's no need to be aggressive!

You posted on a public forum so you must accept that you may get a response. I think that your opinion is wrong and I am free to say so. And it's not for you to decide who may and who may not post.

Sure there is a need because you are a jerk, have no clue and stick your nose where it does not need to be and is not wanted. Back off Speckledhen or pm me and I will gladly tell you what I really think...uncensored. you have no Delaware do you? Then go away.

Thai, leave me alone. I insist on it. Stop talking to me and go to your favorite threads where you can debate to your little heart's content. I have no interest in your opinions. We have this really neat blocking feature on BYC. Block me. Please. Then you won't have to see anything I say and you will not feel irresistibly compelled to disagree with me and to lecture me on public forum.

tongue.gif

Well you know I love ya. And you are the second person today believe it or not who let me know how they feel. The first was by a coffee vendor at the Farmers market. I have to say you both reflected my sentiments of late. The pastor has been preaching on the debates and I understand the Lord and all that but I'm tired.

Now as for RR and the like. When I log onto here I just go to "my profile" and it takes me to the postings I follow. This new set up makes it easy to stay away from excitable threads. I didn't come here for the drama. Lord knows I've got plenty with my kids. I don't hide my faith but I didn't come here to preach. Most folks don't really want help just someone to commiserate with. That's why I just tell them to get counseling. I know most won't get it, but at least I tried.

As for the rest, I just keep trusting my God. Like it or not I believe Christ is coming back. We used to sing a song in church. "I am a pilgrim on my way home, I am a sojourner I'm not my own, I have a mansion up in the sky, right by my Jesus in the sweet by and by" I have a tape of my son singing it when he was three. This is my focus. The christian needs to remember we are IN the world but not OF the world. We're here for a purpose, well more than one. To witness to the lost and to encourage each other. If it weren't for the witness and the word of God, I wouldn't be here. I might still be drugging and fornicating. It's going on 37 years and I don't apologize to anyone.

Now back to chickens. I'm trying to get things situated for my trip you know. I noticed a hen walking funny. A del wouldn't you know. I checked her out tonight and she seems fine in every way except the funny walk, like she's in pain. She does however favor her right side/leg like she can't extend it. She was however on the bottom rung of the roost. I hope it's just a bruise. She was eating and drinking but I'll keep an eye on her. I may separate her if DW says she can handle it.

The BR's are looking pretty bad. Molting like a bald man loses hair. Course the rooster don't look good since I yanked out the last of his tail feathers.
lol.png

We had the first frost last night. I went through and pulled and picked all the veggies, but I still need to hang the herbs and clean the tomatoes to put in a box with some apples so they ripen. Of course now that I think of it if they don't ripen in a week they won't be tended to. DW is not into gardening and all that. I'm glad she'll take care of the chickens. I'll get to spend the first holiday with my son and his family in eleven years.

Take care cheer up, His eye is on the sparrow,

Tim

You're a good man, Tim. Me and the Lord are on good terms. The humans and I are not meshing so well of late, though, at least those who are not my close friends. I usually avoid the rest, or try. It's been a rough few weeks, losing Riley and Sunny on the same night, then Shadow unexpectedly, then my big old Suede and now having to put Kes to sleep yesterday. Not my year, for sure. And I have to visit my 91 year old dad this coming week who is married to that hoochie-mama Venezuelan no-longer-illegal alien. Not looking forward to that because me and Dad have to have a serious talk about some stuff I'm not being kept in the loop on. Yup, not in the mood to be pushed much. I'm starting to push back.

My friend Karen has two of the GS roosters from that hatch when I got my Rex and the other Stukel line hens. She said she may be culling his behind because he's a mean son of a biscuit eater like yours. The second one is more respectful.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom