Sdwd

Cyn, I'm very sorry about the loss of your companion.
hugs.gif

Cyn, you have been thru some life altering changes these past few months. Aside from losing chickens that you've had for the longest time, you've lost Suede, you stepped down as mod, and now you've lost your Kes. It's alot for anyone to handle.

I hope DH and you have some peace. I wouldn't blame you if you took a break, or "lay low" for a while. You have such a nice rapport with your "Del-y" friends here. I know I hang out here because of the nice peaceful feeling, (and Kathy's escapades!) There's nothing like a down-home, peaceful conversation with people who know exactly how you're feeling.

Some of the nurses I work with tell me I need to get out and socialize more and spend less time with chickens. My reply?
lau.gif

Goodness, Tim, I know that! I hope you didn't think otherwise from my answer.
hugs.gif
Gosh, I think I need a break from this forum, period. I did take one for awhile. Frankly, being speckledhen is not so fun right now.
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Well, my goodness.....
We have had thunderstorms off and on for 3 days. My internet service has been sporadic. Seems it works when I am sleeping. I have been working. I feel like I am playing catch-up.
frow.gif

Lots of molting going on here..... which means few eggs and lots of feathers!
Same here! Inside the coop looks like Agnes exploded! Last month it was Florence. Pearl, who is on her third "broody" spell since March, is taking the advantage of the opportunity to "feather her nest" with the ample supply of fluff. (It's easy to tell since Pearl is a BO, and she is using JG and BLRW feathers! Not the best camouflage, if you know what I mean....)

mm

Goodness, Tim, I know that! I hope you didn't think otherwise from my answer.
hugs.gif
Gosh, I think I need a break from this forum, period. I did take one for awhile. Frankly, being speckledhen is not so fun right now.
hit.gif

No I understood your answer. We're good. Sometimes I say things to remind myself that God is able to help too. We both know there are plenty of people who want to tell us why God does not exist. Unsolicited that is. Lord knows there's always lots going on here. I just don't share it here's all. I figure you're probably overwhelmed right now? As they say it never rains but it pours. Seems like everything happens at once?

EVERYONE ELSE - As for the hen, she has a broken leg in the first joint of her right leg. I don't know what to do. I will ice it but other than that have no idea what to do for her. I am nervous about my trip and worried about my chickens.

I just moved a Lav orp hen to a private coop since she's naked on her butt. If I was going to be here I could leave her there til she's feathers out. I had a RIR hen who needed to be moved and I put her with the Dels and she's beautiful now, but got out and went back to her original flock.

The only ones laying well are the EE's. The BR's are molting like it's no bodies business. The BM's are busy brooding and I've no where to put them with the chicks inside. The Dels are all on Chick started til the young ones begin to lay which should be soon. The CR's and Orps are not laying. The CR's are nearly 8 months old! If they don't start soon they will all be in the freezer come spring. I can not afford to feed them for an entire year before they begin to lay.

Well take care and be well,

Rancher

No I understood your answer. We're good. Sometimes I say things to remind myself that God is able to help too. We both know there are plenty of people who want to tell us why God does not exist. Unsolicited that is. Lord knows there's always lots going on here. I just don't share it here's all. I figure you're probably overwhelmed right now? As they say it never rains but it pours. Seems like everything happens at once?
EVERYONE ELSE -As for the hen, she has a broken leg in the first joint of her right leg. I don't know what to do. I will ice it but other than that have no idea what to do for her. I am nervous about my trip and worried about my chickens.

I just moved a Lav orp hen to a private coop since she's naked on her butt. If I was going to be here I could leave her there til she's feathers out. I had a RIR hen who needed to be moved and I put her with the Dels and she's beautiful now, but got out and went back to her original flock.

The only ones laying well are the EE's. The BR's are molting like it's no bodies business. The BM's are busy brooding and I've no where to put them with the chicks inside. The Dels are all on Chick started til the young ones begin to lay which should be soon. The CR's and Orps are not laying. The CR's are nearly 8 months old! If they don't start soon they will all be in the freezer come spring. I can not afford to feed them for an entire year before they begin to lay.

Well take care and be well,

Rancher
Rancher,
I'm not sure which is the first joint, but if it is in the lower part of the leg, maybe wrapping it would at least help...? Having just recently dealt with double bumble feet in my EE/Andalusian, Violet, I noticed that the vet wrap gave her a good bit of added support. But, as I write this, I realize I have forgotten what kind of hen she is....are her legs clean or feathered? That could be a deal breaker. Any way, it's just a thought. Hope something works out for you/her.

mm

I iced it again yesterday and plan to wrap it today. Being a Del she has feathers on her lower leg, but I will cut as many off as I can. DD is coming today so I hope she can help.

DD says she will come and help care for the chickens while I'm gone.

I'm sorry I've been such a basketcase lately, but I am again in tears, but tears because I am so very touched today by the kindness and generosity of a BYC member I really don't know all that well. I received a completely unexpected gift today in the mail from Capvin! Don, I really don't know what to say. I am so touched by what you did, there are no words. I love it and yes, it's wonderful and just what the doctor ordered, a fabulous collection of scrumptious-sounding teas with a jar of creamed honey.Thank you so, so very much!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Thats so wonderful, Just what you deserve Speckled hen. Cyn, You helped so many of us get our start. You helped to educate us. I hope your day continues to get better. Gloria Jean

I'm sorry I've been such a basketcase lately, but I am again in tears, but tears because I am so very touched today by the kindness and generosity of a BYC member I really don't know all that well. I received a completely unexpected gift today in the mail from Capvin! Don, I really don't know what to say. I am so touched by what you did, there are no words. I love it and yes, it's wonderful and just what the doctor ordered, a fabulous collection of scrumptious-sounding teas with a jar of creamed honey.Thank you so, so very much!
hugs.gif

That brought tears to my eyes as well.
Cyn, thousands of members become attached to you-because of the person you are. Never doubt that!

Capvin, you've made my day !

Back
Top Bottom