Sdwd

I have some that are looking pretty sad to right now. I am showing some too on Nov. 10th. I hope they are looking better by then.

Last edited:
Gettin' ready for the poultry show next weekend....
what do ya think?
lau.gif

Just pluck out those few errant feathers, I'm sure everything else will grow back by then...........

Oh wait, do they have classes for full NNs?

Deb
lau.gif

Gettin' ready for the poultry show next weekend....
what do ya think?
lau.gif

Yeah that's just about how mine look right now. The rooster even worse. DW got up today and let the chickens out before she left for work. I have no idea what I did to deserve such a woman. I struck gold when I hit on that one.
gig.gif
I wouldn't trade her for a million $$$. Two million maybe..............
lau.gif

What do you think about these Delaware pullets?

Very nice, but then I'm partial to Dels. Breeding and working with Dels is not for the lazy, they take some time and work. Regardless of what the ALBC says I still think a Del to the standard is not out there yet. Being a good layer and meat bird that is.

Yours aren't good layers, Tim?? Mine are wonderful layers when not in molt. Even at going on over 3 1/2 yrs old, Ellie and Georgie lay 5-6 eggs per week, though Ellie has eggshell quality issues lately. Could be she was in the beginning molt stages, though, and that was affecting the shells.

I finished that last table runner and put it up for auction. I'm not sure many folks have $$ to spend on extras now, but I think it turned out pretty nice for someone's fall table setting.

Last edited:
Yours aren't good layers, Tim?? Mine are wonderful layers when not in molt. Even at going on over 3 1/2 yrs old, Ellie and Georgie lay 5-6 eggs per week, though Ellie has eggshell quality issues lately. Could be she was in the beginning molt stages, though, and that was affecting the shells.

I finished that last table runner and put it up for auction. I'm not sure many folks have $$ to spend on extras now, but I think it turned out pretty nice for someone's fall table setting.

No mine are good layers just not as meaty as I think they should be. They lay the biggest eggs of the breeds I have.

Mine have been laying for about a month and a half. According to the size of these birds, I would think their eggs would be bigger. I measured one (they're all nearly identical) and the measurements are 2" long by 1.5 inches wide. Thats pretty small compared to my other birds.

How do those measurements compare to yours Tim? If yours lay big eggs, perhaps I could get some hatching eggs from you in the spring or sometime?

I weigh my eggs and I've got one that lays a 2.7 oz. Most are just over 2. oz. which is a size large. I think if yours have just started laying they will get bigger as they get the hang of things.

I weigh all of my eggs too. I use grams.

Modern Sizes (USA)

Size Mass per egg
Jumbo Greater than 2.5 oz. or 70 g or >
Extra-Large (XL) Greater than 2.25 oz. or 64-69 g
Large (L) Greater than 2 oz. or 56-63 g
Medium (M) Greater than 1.75 oz. or 49-55 g
Small (S) Greater than 1.5 oz. or 42-48 g
Peewee Greater than 1.25 oz. or < 42 g

Back
Top Bottom