Sdwd

Yup, frequent misconception that they are rodents.
Scientific Classification Of Rabbits
Class

Mammalia
Order

Lagomorpha
Family

Leporidae
Genus

Oryctolagus
Specie

cuniculus

Deb

I concede here. Webster is wrong according to a fast google Lagomorph are conscidered superficially as rodents. Learn something everyday thats a good thing. thanks for the eye opener Deb.

Oh by the way good mornin' SDWDers I'm running on a half cup of coffee still yet, I got to learn to keep my fingers quite till at least two cups I have to get them up the SPEED first,LOL

Jeff

Last edited:
Sheeesh, 24 hours with no posts?
Well, I took 600 pictures today. I could make ya suffer through some of those.
lol.png

PS..... I hate squirrels.

Me too. I feed the ones here peanut butter sandwiches and for some reason they don't come back for more. Any guesses which kind?

peanut_butter_cartoon.jpg

Quote:

I concede here. Webster is wrong according to a fast google Lagomorph are conscidered superficially as rodents. Learn something everyday thats a good thing. thanks for the eye opener Deb.

Oh by the way good mornin' SDWDers I'm running on a half cup of coffee still yet, I got to learn to keep my fingers quite till at least two cups I have to get them up the SPEED first,LOL

Jeff

That one was drilled in for so long (200+ rabbits in his herd), that "lagomorph" is my password into one of the programs at work. I figured NO ONE could guess that one, LOL. Now you all just have to figure out where I work and hack in
lau.gif

Deb

Ahhh, brings back my years (and years) in my son's involvement with rabbits in 4-H. Rabbits are not rodents (Rodentia), rabbits are from the family, Lagomorph.

I think that question is on every rabbit knowledge bowl test.

lol.png

Deb

I had a sister in law who's a " Lag-morph". Any time there was work to be done she'd morph and Lag behind.

would this be the brands that were to be recalled for the cause of a Salmonella epidemic/outbreak a couple of years back
sickbyc.gif
wink.png

Jeff

I ain't telling.

My mother in law used to feed the squirrels. ............til one year there were so many , they came down and carried her off..................we never heard from her again.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom