Sdwd

Chicken pictures?
How about a yard full of rocks?
big_smile.png
Moulting rocks!
gig.gif

Evening all.....just catching up and couldn't help but grin at the "yard full o rocks" comment here Kathy!!! As far as eatin' all the wild stuff, we are pretty open to about anything here. Deer, rabbit, dove, quail, wild hawg are all decent table fare....but I draw the line with "tree rats". I find them tough and stringy

Hope everyone is well. Packing up to go deer hunting with my boys, leaving tomorrow, back Sunday

I have no idea about the leg out of the socket but if I had to deal with it, I think I would probably get the bird quiet by putting a towel or something over his head. Wrapping him in a towel will keep him restrained too. I would then lay him on the table and have someone just hold him still in case fixing the joint hurts him. I would grab both parts of his leg, one part in each hand close enough that my thumbs can be used to push against each other. Hopefully this will open the joint just a little and you'll feel it pop back into place. Once that was done, I'd put some vetwrap on it so he has support for a while so it doesn't pop back out.

That's my 2 cents worth. Hope it helps.

I was thinking of you when I typed that!
Here are a couple pictures of Rex and Dottie's kids.... I have 3 males and 1 female. This is 2 of the males and their sister.

#7 looks quite nice if he will fill out that tail!!!

My Stukel Barreds seem to take forever to grow out....one female (we call her Baby) is 7 months old (or close to it) and she STILL has a lot of filling out to do! She is just starting to get waddles and a comb. She's a "lap chicken".....no doubt she came from Cyn's raising, LOL

You have to wait almost a year, Kathy. They really do take that long.

Hey, Scott!!

Tim, you'd have to keep him off the leg, if you can even get it back into the socket and secure it with vet wrap. I made that bowling ball sling for Zane way back when he was hurt to keep him off of his. I'm not sure it's really fixable because the joint will always be "loose".

Ike has a very tender hock joint right now. It's been like that for a long time. He hops when he runs and it's tender to the touch. I think that may have been why he fell off the roost last night.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom