Sdwd

Hillbilly hen,
Why? are you in Michigan? It is some kind of cold there in the winter. I stayed there one yr. when I was in second grade. The snow drifts were so high that I could not see over them and the cars would get buried on the sides of the streets by snowplows in the early winter and stay there until Spring. Brrrrrr. You could not see out of the bottom floor windows at times either. I had enough of that as a child. They do have wonderful fruit trees up there. My aunt did not have to ever spray her cherries, apples, or plums. Brrrrr... Gloria Jean

Hillbilly hen,
Why? are you in Michigan? It is some kind of cold there in the winter. I stayed there one yr. when I was in second grade. The snow drifts were so high that I could not see over them and the cars would get buried on the sides of the streets by snowplows in the early winter and stay there until Spring. Brrrrrr. You could not see out of the bottom floor windows at times either. I had enough of that as a child. They do have wonderful fruit trees up there. My aunt did not have to ever spray her cherries, apples, or plums. Brrrrr... Gloria Jean
Gloria Jean, I am a born and bred southerner from Georgia. I just happened to fall madly in love with a yankee. He is a good man so I married him and followed him home. The older I get the longer the winters get here. I still have family in North and South Carolina so as soon as these mortage payments are done I plan on going visiting more often,during the winter.
There are some wonderful fruit trees here. However this year we had an early warm up and then a couple of late frosts and freezes so no fruit to speak of.

Well I doubt I'll be visiting them in Canada. I hate the cold and have considered moving to AL. It's in the 60's these days. I sat outside basking in the sun.

Plus the airfare is double what it takes to get here. This trip it was $367 round. To Manitoba it's $767 or more.

EARTHQUAKE!!! We felt it today, for over 30 seconds. It hit, apparently, around Hazard, KY, but we were watching a series of youtubes together, DH and me, and the whole house shook. Just found reports of the quake. They're sure becoming more frequent now; have had four of five we actually felt since we bought this house.

Back
Top Bottom