Sdwd

wow ! earthquakes in the east ? my mom lives in central mo and she said they felt one a few years ago. i guess y'all are just catchin up with us in cali. before long, y'all have happy cows too :)

I have a friend who keeps urging me to get quake insurance. Nothing on the news though about it. Last time I felt one in NY was in '84 I think.

Now on the Del front. Whitmore has donated 25 chicks for the ALBC conference. It's in NC this year. Take a look and tell me if they don't look like they have a Cornish look to them. $150 reserve bid. About $6 per chick.

Anyone here got Buckeyes? I'm thinking of dropping the Orps (not good layers) for another breed. I do like Jody's Buff orps though. The rooster I had was nice sized. Only had one hen and she got sick and died about a year old. I had moved her to the Del coop since she went broody and I wanted to break her. I was real bummed about it.

Another month or two and it will be hatching time.

Now on the Del front. Whitmore has donated 25 chicks for the ALBC conference. It's in NC this year. Take a look and tell me if they don't look like they have a Cornish look to them. $150 reserve bid. About $6 per chick.

Where is the picture?

Oh, I found it..... HERE?
(In my opinion - they are not worth that. I had some. However, it was very nice of him to donate them.)

Last edited:
I went to the web site for Whitmore and the chicks sell for $5.50 each. That's fifty cent cheaper than the auction. You do have to order 25 so with shipping that's $177.00 Though they do have other breeds if you didn't want all Dels. Still this past year I've ordered chicks and I'm just discouraged with what I got. Not all Dels mind you. I will say that I did order from Paul Harter and he was nice to deal with. I'd order from him again. I just don't see the need to do so anymore.

Back
Top Bottom