Sdwd

I don't those could apply here. There are two things on that page that concern me:

What records could I show? I don't sell anything or breed anything.
Not sure on that last one. There is one restriction here in my development that prohibits pigs. We can have any other livestock, but not pigs, so not sure how I read that. If it restricts even one, does it not qualify, or only if it restricts the one I'm getting the use tax reduction for?

I did find this one listing I like. The name of the street is off-putting, LOL, but take a check on this:

http://www.crye-leike.com/2460-lead...181404-tid-rivercounties-mlsnum-20124563-ln-1

The description should keep it on the market for quite some time, but hey, the realtor was extremely honest! This cracked me up big time, LoL!! It wouldn't put us off of it, but it would kill most sales. The gun club is way behind the house (checked the tax maps) and through the woods. Unfortunately, it has a subdivision name, though. That bothers me way more than the gun range.
Quote:

Well it is listed as Residential and that might be a concern. As long as they're shooting in the other direction that shouldn't be a problem. You might have to pay a fee for the added security system.
lau.gif

I like the roof line. Easy to do if it needs replacing. It looks a lot like the houses here.

I do love my big black English Orp girls. Love watching them waddle across the yard. I do agree though, they are not great layers. Fair, but not the best, for sure. I am thinking of getting rid of them.

I am happy to stick with the true heritage breeds that I enjoy - Rocks, Dels, and New Hamps.
(Besides my secret projects for entertainment and further enjoyment)
tongue.png

I have a BBS orp from AL and I'm not even sure she's laying. In the coop are the orps, 4 lav and 1 BBS, 4 CR's 1 RIR (from AL) and 3 EE's. The EE's are the only ones I'm sure lay on a regular basis. The orps should be laying a larger egg at this age but don't.

I know! No more Hostess. No more Twinkies. Of course, the Twinkies made before I was born will probably still be edible in 2056, LOL. Hey, Tim, now there's something you can store in your prepper cabinet!! hehehe.

Kathy, I PM'd Julie when Suede died because she sent me the hatching eggs he and Meg came from. She said she has a black hen from the original Sandhill shipment she got of BBS Orps that they call Grandma, so she'd be well over 6 years old now. You know, Dusty hasn't laid an egg since Suede died and neither Meg nor Nugget has started up laying again either. Of course, Hope was malfunctioning way before then, but losing the big guy really affected his girls.

Well they are loaded with preservatives and I can use all the preservatives I can get. Though with the state of affairs do I want to be preserved?
lol.png

Union Bosses no longer care. Neither do the executives. I don't know about the rest of the ctry, but after insurance and taxes that is not a very high salary. It would definitely take two working hard here to make a decent living. Esp. with children. Gloria Jean

Ditto on Unions not caring. They are killing the PO. Not to mention, the hosp. where DW works just let go 25 in management. The PO has never done that. My textbook for college uses the PO as an example of a poorly managed company.

Contrary to popular OP the PO does not get tax dollars to operate. It has not been modified since the 1970 when things were broken up under R. Reagan I believe. In NY their are three unions and each is fighting over jobs and crafts positions.

The union is why I'm no longer employed. The PO wanted to create a route to accommodate my physical limitations before my back went but the union said no. Then my back gave out. The PO cut my hours so I had to either quit or go on the dole and the union wouldn't help. It could be worse though, so I count my blessings. One Delaware, two delaware, three delaware etc. etc. Life is good.

Orps are very pretty, and I think they were the very first eggs I hatched when I first got interested in chickens. I didnt keep them long, tho, they just werent very efficient. Ive morphed over to liking chickens that are much more useful, good size in relatively quick time, good egg layers. I think I can find those in pretty chickens, too, such as GNHs, and Delawares. I really love the new barred rocks that have gotten so popular, but I have yet to have anyone say they are good egg layers. Seems to be more for meat birds than egg layers. But the cross to NHs seems to give a bird with the good size of the BRs and the good laying of the NHs. Win-win with that.

Union members can't be so stupid that they don't realize if a company doesnt make a profit, theres no company. I do have to wonder how the unions have brainwashed their members into believing that pensions and health care and large wages are due to them, just because they are union members. I can't even imagine the shock on their faces, when the picketers, who were so sure they were getting their way again, were told they were closing shop. They've been given a very stern lesson in economics, Im afraid. In this economy, any job is better than no job. That unemployment line is getting longer and longer.

And Im very sure the union bosses will still collect their 6 figure salaries, for all they do.

Last edited:
Hahaha, you've been busy, Miss Kathy in Florida! I'll check those out. I've been looking on the Crye-Leike site, which always says if something is under contract. Will check those out and see what you've found for me. I think DH may not want to go as far north as Cookeville, though. We owned land and a cabin shell in Fentress County, Jamestown, just east of Cookeville and sold it. Have to check and see if the Gernt family owns mineral rights on anything you look at up there. Athens would be a good area, or Madisonville, but I am leery of Dayton, TN, near the nuclear plant. That place is creepy. Winchester is high on taxes, but it's near Arnold AFB and Tullahoma, so we could get use from that, but the elevation is so low, it would be hotter in summer than we've become accustomed to. Let me go check. I think I'd like you as my own realtor.
lol.png

ETA:

You know the best one overall would be this one: http://www.trulia.com/property/3088837979-2259-Standing-Stone-Hwy-Cookeville-TN-38506

The only trouble is that DH doesn't want to go that far north. House is nice, price is right, that huge fenced dog kennel would make a wonderful enclosed roofed-over coop, too, not to mention that super-cool Amish storage building. Would need a wood stove, of course, but with that price, we'd not even have a mortgage anymore.

I've seen most of the ones around Athens. Some pf the homes are too large for us, some have too much acreage-shy about that because of the tax situation becoming like it has here. The truth is that not many can beat the view I see every day or the cool nights at our elevation. That is what I am loathe to give up.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Orps are very pretty, and I think they were the very first eggs I hatched when I first got interested in chickens. I didnt keep them long, tho, they just werent very efficient. Ive morphed over to liking chickens that are much more useful, good size in relatively quick time, good egg layers. I think I can find those in pretty chickens, too, such as GNHs, and Delawares. I really love the new barred rocks that have gotten so popular, but I have yet to have anyone say they are good egg layers. Seems to be more for meat birds than egg layers. But the cross to NHs seems to give a bird with the good size of the BRs and the good laying of the NHs. Win-win with that.

Union members can't be so stupid that they don't realize if a company doesnt make a profit, theres no company. I do have to wonder how the unions have brainwashed their members into believing that pensions and health care and large wages are due to them, just because they are union members. I can't even imagine the shock on their faces, when the picketers, who were so sure they were getting their way again, were told they were closing shop. They've been given a very stern lesson in economics, Im afraid. In this economy, any job is better than no job. That unemployment line is getting longer and longer.

And Im very sure the union bosses will still collect their 6 figure salaries, for all they do.

Union members don't know who to trust and Unions tell the members the companies are lying. Been there to many times. Recently Dan Maffaei won the election because he was backed by the Unions. Not only the PO but others. DW got a call from hers encouraging her to vote for him. What a mistake. If ever there was a politician so obviously bought and sold it was him. I know I was close to the union.
This is the last I will comment on this.

This is a pretty stunning list of the officers of the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers Union and their salaries. Do you think they will give up anything for those poor people that have no jobs now? How much in union dues did they have to pay to keep all these people in these salaries? How many vice presidents does one union need??

http://www.unionfacts.com/employees/Bakery,_Confectionary,_Tobacco_Workers_&_Grain_Millers

Back
Top Bottom