Sdwd

Me neither. Never had one. Never get the flu, either. Of course, I usually avoid humans.

Oh really? What do you call your husband?
lol.png

Oh really? What do you call your husband?
lol.png
He rarely has contact with other humans, either. We're a two person unit and used to each others' germs.
wink.png
Of course, he will be at the court house on Monday for the tax hearing to try and make this stupid county obey the law, but it's probably a losing battle, even with plenty of proof to support our position. He'll most likely bring home some germs and a renewed case of hatred for county officials.

Well you can hope. I went and appealed our increase armed with info of other properties around ours who had a lower assessment and more property. I explained my being on disability and they didn't increase but lowered it. Thank the Lord.

barnie.gif
thats just what I need Kathy, more poison of some kind. Gee!! nothing seems safe anymore. I think I am becoming more and more like Speckled Hen I don't like being around people much anymore. I Love my family but down here I have been constantly in with them. I am tired. I love our holidays for what they were originally intended, not all this shopping etc. I'd rather have it quiet for a bit. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE Gloria Jean

Well now all this being alone stuff.

Be careful what you wish for, or you might be like the woman who died and no one found her for weeks.

When my FIL and MIL died they were sad wakes and not because they had died. I still recall sitting at my MIL wake and there were only three of us there for the whole two hours. At their funerals we had to pay people to carry them to their graves. No friends, no relatives, no one.

I sure hope that is not my life's testimony.

I was just reading how Mark Twain said instead of one day set aside for Thanksgiving (which by the way seems a few are not thankful at all) we should set aside a day for grumbling. To that I say Amen.

Certainly there is quite a bit of this buying stuff, but I just came from the Books A Million bookstore and the only thing I bought was coffee and dessert. I sat in the quiet alone looking at magazines about things that interest me.

While folks were lining up for the Target sale, I wasn't forced to participate. Nor did I. If others want to participate that's their business but I'm sure not going to spend my time complaining because they do.

And quite frankly I'd be more than thankful to have some adult conversation with a live person in the flesh! At least someone my age.

Last edited:
Well now all this being alone stuff.

Be careful what you wish for, or you might be like the woman who died and no on found her for weeks.

When my FIL and MIL died they were sad wakes and not because they had died.   I still recall sitting at my MIL wake and there were only three of us there for the whole two hours.  At their funerals we had to pay people to carry them to their graves.  No friends, no relatives, no one.  

I sure hope that is not my life's testimony.  

I was just reading how Mark Twain said instead of one day set aside for Thanksgiving (which by the way seems a few are not thankful at all) we should set aside a day for grumbling.  To that I say Amen. 

Certainly there is quite a bit of this buying stuff, but I just came from the Books A Million bookstore and the only thing I bought was coffee and dessert. I sat in the quiet alone looking at magazines about things that interest me.  

While folks were lining up for the Target sale, I wasn't forced to participate.  Nor did I.  If others want to participate that's their business but I'm sure not going to spend my time complaining because they do. 

And quite frankly I'd be more than thankful to have some adult conversation with a live person in the flesh!  At least someone my age.  

Hi Tim!

If we could have a national day of grumbling and everybody got it out of their system on that one day, I'd be thrilled to support such a venture. Personally, I get quite tired of people grumbling about things they have chosen to do in their lives.

Quote: If it was left up to our families, you can bet no one would know for months. LH would be coming down here or calling my son to get over here and check on us if she couldn't get in touch with me.

ETA:

Found my Phoenix broody dead this morning and her chicks very upset. Thank goodness we had the heat lamp on so hopefully, they weren't badly chilled. She was stiff so had been gone for awhile. They are 17 days old and Aimee's two are only a couple of days behind so we gave them to Aimee, who seemed to accept them. She lightly tapped each one on the head, like "Okay, you're not mine and you're not mine, but whatever...". Then she went to scratching around. I think Molly was way too malnourished from trying to brood for so long before I gave in and gave her two eggs. She wouldn't eat enough and was very, very thin.

Last edited:
Cyn,
Sorry you lost your hen, yes I think if I am in the mtns I would actually be found faster. I have friends that check back and forth on each other every evening with phone calls even when we can not get out. Right now I am a novelty since I came back to the coast but that will fade again. My mother and granddaughter will keep ck on me . But both works so they are quite busy. Yes Mom is still working at 86 I am amazed by her stamina. She has always been a high energy person. I wonder If I have the female type of ADD. I am a day dreammer. I lose way to many hrs that way.
I did enjoy Thanksgiving. I have much to be thankful for. Gloria Jean

A poster above has cited an article about the flu shots published on a site called "Vax Truth." I will not comment on that particular article other then to say that I believe the entire site to be completely unreliable and mostly dangerous. This is the same site that claims that the polio vaccine casued polio and had nothing to do with its erradicatiom. This site is basically against all vaccinations of any kind so, for me, this is not a reliable source of any information and would never base my health care decisions on something like that.

Back
Top Bottom