Sebastopol Baby Pics Page 6!

Yes, i did join her forum last year, but kept having problems logging on. Just recently tried and again i was able to log in. i will spend some time over there see what else i can learn about hatching and Sebastopol care in general. i feel so lucky to have three beautiful geese now, and looking forward to adding a few more to the flock.

Well get a thread started about your eggs and I'll look out for it and add to it
wink.png

Okay, we are on Day 26 for these six eggs. i have two other batches in that incubator, so these need to be moved. Had a snafu with the still air hovabator i was going to use. It had a chemical smell to it from cleaning it with bleach, and i just couldn't get that out. i ended up ordering a new Genesis and it arrived just a short while ago. i am waiting for the temps to stabilize so i can move these eggs in.

i have the temp set to 98.5 and waffling on the humidity. i've read some folks go to 75-80%, but then Pete says to keep it the same as incubating until they start to pip. .

i think my blood pressure is about 500 over 200. After all this time, i hope everything goes smoothly.

My goose eggs stay in the bator until the pip, then get moved to the hatcher with higher humidity. We have had a very successful spring with goslings this year following this pattern. Good luck and remember they take a lot longer than chickens to hatch resting often.

Well, i moved those 6 eggs into the hatching incubator, the new Genesis, keeping humidity around 50% for now. i have 9 eggs in the first incubator that i'm turning five times a day, so this makes it easier. Five of the six eggs look good. i see that dip down in the air cell at the top of the egg. One egg does not have that. This has been my problem egg. It just has not lost as much weight as it should have, even though i've been doing extra cooling sessions with it. It's been about 6 grams too heavy the last week or so. i hope the gosling is still alive inside. i did order an extra incubator so in the future i can have one with lower humidity and one with higher. i am hoping to do more hatching in the future, once my trio figure it all out, so having three total incubators will be a good thing.

All i can do now is cross my fingers.

Back
Top Bottom