Sebright bantams

kitten6566

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 18, 2012
pennsylvania
My Coop
My Coop
I just got some golden sebrights. anybody else have em and want to give me some info on how to raise them?
fl.gif

I'm surprised no one has responded to this. I too am looking for more info on gold sebrights. = ) Do you have any pics? How old? Mine are 2-4 wks. I picked up 6 chicks, 4 red pullets and 2 assorted bantams. I picked one with pretty gold wings and the darkest one in the bunch. The rest of the crowd looked to be OEGB's. It turns out the two I picked out were Gold sebrights, at least I'm pretty sure the darker one is too. It just doesn't look like it's going to have as pretty patterning and color as the one that had gold wings, or she is mixed? I'm not sure. . .I'm all new to this..lol. Here are some pics though. = )

This is the darker one, which you can tell has gotten more gold in it over the last week compared to the first picture. = )

Last edited:
They are really pretty.
love.gif
Mine are just about 1 week and alot smaller than that. I dont have any pics because i cant hook my camera up. When they are older i think they might be good show birds. If you are interested in shows.

Yes they are both really jumpy lol. But I woke up to my darker one sick this morning. : ( i did the best I could before heading to work, but I'm really worried for the worst. . = (((

Let me know what happened after you got home. He might have mareks disease. They say its common in sebright. If you want to know more type it in on wikipedia
hit.gif

I was worriedd about mareks, but I got home and she was fine again. I went to TSC right away to get some meds and electrolytes though, just in case. I hope she stays well now. It was a sad morning, especially wondering what to expect when I got home. I feel much btter now.

Thats good. im glad its okay. Ive lost chickens to sickness before. it wasnt very fun. now that its better you probably wont have to worry about it.
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom