Seen a cougar today.

chickened

Crowing
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
western Oregon
I was hired by a woman to do a small job through my business. The woman was not able to be there at the time but told me the "boyfriend" (never told me his name) would be there to move vehicles from the work area. I completed the job about 15 minutes before the woman got home. Upon her arrival the boyfriend started telling her why he was not at work (the woman did not ask why). Now the woman is about 40 and the boyfriend is about 25. Now the whole time the woman referred to the boyfriend as "the boyfriend". I finally asked him what his name was.

Now this would normally not interest me but this place is way out in the boonies on a dead end road and reminded me of the movie "Deliverance" in its appearance.

After leaving I got to thinking about the whole situation and the word abuse keeps coming to mind. Granted the poor guy stays there but I think he needs a place to live and has a 7 or 8 year old little girl. The boyfriend is very immature for 25 or he seems to be so.

I was telling my brother about the whole thing and my 21 year old niece would have said "Uncle Ed you seen a cougar today".

I remember being 25 and all but never would I let anyone treat me that way.

Last edited:
And here I thought I'd be reading a story like the one you told me about the cougar chasing the deer! LOL

Poor guy though...that's too bad that he doesn't feel that he has a better option for his little girl.

And here I thought I'd be reading a story like the one you told me about the cougar chasing the deer! LOL

Poor guy though...that's too bad that he doesn't feel that he has a better option for his little girl.
That is kind of how I felt... sorry for him and his kid. A little girl growing up only seeing one kind of mommy and IMO not a very good/healthy one. The woman referring to him as "the boyfriend" in his presence was enough for me.

Perhaps they were just having a bad day/week/month....arguing or something. Without greater context, it is hard to know what the dynamic of their relationship is from observing a few brief moments. I hope he's not being abused...mentally or physically! So many men are subject to abuse and don't get any help or respect from law enforcement or anyone else. It's sad.

So many people seem to have a problem with a 40 year-old woman and and 25-year-old man, when the situation is reversed, people seldom seem to complain. Why is that?

Demi Moore marries Ashton Kutcher and everyone talks...Harrison Ford marries Callista Flockheart, Warren Beatty marries Annette Benning, Tom Cruse marries Katie Holmes, all is quiet. Except for the Tom/Katie thing, but that is only because the man acts like a freak.

So many people seem to have a problem with a 40 year-old woman and and 25-year-old man, when the situation is reversed, people seldom seem to complain. Why is that?

Demi Moore marries Ashton Kutcher and everyone talks...Harrison Ford marries Callista Flockheart, Warren Beatty marries Annette Benning, Tom Cruse marries Katie Holmes, all is quiet. Except for the Tom/Katie thing, but that is only because the man acts like a freak.
I think in part it is due to the fact that men retain their youthful shape and physique later in life than women do... it is a gravity thing.

I think in part it is due to the fact that men retain their youthful shape and physique later in life than women do... it is a gravity thing.
It's a delusional thing!
gig.gif

Last edited:
Now, I don't like all this talking about cougars.

They scare me.

A delusional cougar... Gee, I wonder who THAT brings to
peoples minds? ( I'm not going to be so bold as to mention
anyones name...I bet I don't have to.)

Back
Top Bottom