Sellers Who Use Paypal

Quote:
He PICKED UP the birds. I am sure if something wasn't right, he would have said something right then and there. That guy is trying to steal her money!!!

I don't disagree. The guy is a con man. I just don't think paypal is at fault here. They are doing what there terms of use dictates them to do. This man is using that to commit fraud. Who they side with will be a matter of the evidence given to them. If they dont side with the OP then they can take the con man to court. Hes the one at fault anyway. Paypal is bound by there terms of use an I'm not surprised that it is not wrote to handle face to face transactions.

Yes the guy PICKED them up. He was happy with them, he even bought some extra cages while he was here. I will contact the police and make a report tomorrow. I know PayPal has there procedures that they have to follow but basically the guy i talked to today told me that i could go back on my account and file a unauthorized payment claim against everyone i have sent money to that i picked up the item and PayPal would side with me (the buyer). I would never do that but if that's how it works than that's one in on PayPal and they need to change how that works.

I know PayPal is mostly used for transactions over the internet but i have always used it to accept deposits for birds or puppies. If they dont back the seller on face to face transactions then people need to know that so other people dont get ripped off.

I was a heavy seller using PP (and still do for my store..but not for my merchant status w/amazon.com) and I NEVER EVER EVER allow anyone to pick up anything from me..

been burned WAY TOO MUCH...I'm so sorry for it all!!! it IS going around! I hope you contact the buyer and let him know you are on to him..

And this is why I switched to Google Checkout....
wink.png

I am going to switch to something else. I will look into Google checkout. I know i will not be using PayPal any longer. How do you all like Google checkout?

I know now that PayPal does not cover sellers doing face to face transactions. I did not know that before. They screwed me once they wont screw me twice. I think there are many other sellers that dont know about this.

Back
Top Bottom