Selling Japanese eggs

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
Hi all, considering selling some Japanese eggs. I have a few questions.

How much should it cost? (per egg) I would be selling pure mostly show quality (some might not have short legs) white black tailed Japanese bantam eggs.

How would i ship them safely? Without any breakage.

How much would it cost? Assuming it would cost a good amount more to insure they are safely transported.

How much should it cost? (per egg) I would be selling pure mostly show quality (some might not have short legs) white black tailed Japanese bantam eggs.

This will depend - of course only a small percent of eggs will ever hatch chicks that go on to be competitive show birds. So that part would depend on the parent birds; have you shown them and won? How many wins? Do you have points with the ABA/APA, are you a Master Exhibitor (20 starred wins or more) with the breed? These things will effect how much you can ask.

How would i ship them safely? Without any breakage.

There are lots of ways to package eggs, but there is always risk of breakage. One of the most secure ways is to ship with foam egg shippers.

This will depend - of course only a small percent of eggs will ever hatch chicks that go on to be competitive show birds. So that part would depend on the parent birds; have you shown them and won? How many wins? Do you have points with the ABA/APA, are you a Master Exhibitor (20 starred wins or more) with the breed? These things will effect how much you can ask.

There are lots of ways to package eggs, but there is always risk of breakage. One of the most secure ways is to ship with foam egg shippers.
Thank you, i will be showing them soon but i haven’t shown them previously. I got them from a breeder who claimed they were show quality, and they all seem to exhibit the qualities necessary.

Back
Top Bottom