September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Well now idk how to delete the other thread. Anyone?
1f601.png

I will be setting some silkie eggs either in a day..or two. According to when they get here. :) I've ordered from this gal before, so far so good. I hope these will work out too. :)

Yay! A new hatch-a-long!
celebrate.gif

My August Hatch-a-long and Ebay hatch-a-long didn't work out so well. I lost all but 3 eggs (all from my own flock, all not in the incubator anyways) to various causes. Very disappointing. But now I have some bantam eggs in the incubator and can't wait to see if they hatch!

My eggs are in a reptile incubator (works the same as a chicken incubator) set on top of some wire (reptile eggs are not incubated on wire, so I added some of my own). I have it at 102 F because the eggs always feel too cool at 101, which makes me think the incubator thermostat might be a little off.
The eggs all come from our own flock, the mother's being our "Dalmatian Bantam" sisters (a cross-breed I am working on, hence why I'm hatching the eggs. I need to see if they breed true or not), and then their grandmother. I have no idea who the father is, it could be any of five roosters.

I look forward to all the updates on here.
smile.png

Best of luck all!
thumbsup.gif

@Dramaqueen21888
Oh how eggciting :) we have four EE pullets that I'm waiting for eggs from and I'm positively bursting with anticipation. The eggs must be gorgeous in person the pic makes the differences very subtle. At first glance they all looked cream white or brown. I hope we get some blue eggs from one girl at least. We also have some other girls 4 isa browns, 4 sl wyandottes, 5 buff orps, a gl sebright, a barred cochin bantam, a self blue oegb and an undetermined number of silkies(I keep asking all the future hens to raise their right wings but they all just stand there) ;)

@Dramaqueen21888
Oh how eggciting :) we have four EE pullets that I'm waiting for eggs from and I'm positively bursting with anticipation. The eggs must be gorgeous in person the pic makes the differences very subtle. At first glance they all looked cream white or brown. I hope we get some blue eggs from one girl at least. We also have some other girls 4 isa browns, 4 sl wyandottes, 5 buff orps, a gl sebright, a barred cochin bantam, a self blue oegb and an undetermined number of silkies(I keep asking all the future hens to raise their right wings but they all just stand there) ;)

Lol. I know what you mean. I started with 5 and all 5 were Roos. It can be very frustrating. But I can't wait to see all the different colors!!

Back
Top Bottom