September 2016 Hatch-A-Long

frow.gif
From the August Hatch-along thread. The last egg is wrapping up hatching (just pipped) on day 22. My incubator will barely have time to dry after I clean it out… I have more eggs on the way next week Wednesday or so!!

FWIW, I am super impressed by my incubator-- Incuview from Incubator Warehouse. Aside from a 3 day empty test run, I used NO additional thermometer OR hygrometer. Everything was spot on. If this last egg hatches, I will have a 91% hatch rate for the eggs that were not clears. Pretty pumped about that. I figured I paid good money for that incubator, and if I do everything correctly, those gauges had better do their jobs!

FWIW, I am super impressed by my incubator-- Incuview from Incubator Warehouse. Aside from a 3 day empty test run, I used NO additional thermometer OR hygrometer. Everything was spot on. If this last egg hatches, I will have a 91% hatch rate for the eggs that were not clears. Pretty pumped about that. I figured I paid good money for that incubator, and if I do everything correctly, those gauges had better do their jobs!

That Incuview is an impressive looking incubator. How many chicks did you get?

Getting all ready and anxious to get the eggs set.

Even while I'm gathering the eggs, I'm also making plans to sell off a few of my layers (a little older, but not too old) and an rooster. I've decided to take off in a different direction with my Naked Necks (turkens). Just sorting and culling ( sell) my non-needed colors.

I'm not totally doing away with the Calico line, but taking out some of the individuals in the project. They're not producing the size that I'm wanting. Another project line I'm culling out is the Green Egger Naked Necks. I can't seem to get it back in gear and I'm losing interest in it anyway. Got plans for something different.

well, i'm at the 72 hour mark now...weighed some and the weights seem to be going really well.
Candled a few too...took some pictures. one i'm confident on is developing, the other two really not sure what i'm looking at to be honest!

This is one of the ameraucana eggs (very light blue) ...i have no idea what i'm seeing...i'm almost thinking this one is a dud.

This one was an olive egger...i have no idea what i'm looking at if it's good or not, but i think there looks to be some development of a blood ring?

this one i'm sure of is going good! looks to be a little baby in there...yay!!!!
celebrate.gif
this is one of our swedish flower hen eggs.

well, i'm at the 72 hour mark now...weighed some and the weights seem to be going really well. Candled a few too...took some pictures. one i'm confident on is developing, the other two really not sure what i'm looking at to be honest! This is one of the ameraucana eggs (very light blue) ...i have no idea what i'm seeing...i'm almost thinking this one is a dud. This one was an olive egger...i have no idea what i'm looking at if it's good or not, but i think there looks to be some development of a blood ring? this one i'm sure of is going good! looks to be a little baby in there...yay!!!! :celebrate this is one of our swedish flower hen eggs.
new to the thread! Hope you hatch goes great!!

Hi everyone,
I have come along to join you all, I was in the August hatch along, where I hatched 4 jersey giants out of 6 shipped eggs under a broody.
I have ordered 6 la bresse gauloise which I will set on the 1st of september for a September the 22 hatch date.
This time I will be setting in either the brinsea mini advanced or a rcom suro eco 20 incubator.
Any suggestions on which of these 2 incubator will be best to use?

well, i'm at the 72 hour mark now...weighed some and the weights seem to be going really well.
Candled a few too...took some pictures. one i'm confident on is developing, the other two really not sure what i'm looking at to be honest!

This is one of the ameraucana eggs (very light blue) ...i have no idea what i'm seeing...i'm almost thinking this one is a dud.

This one was an olive egger...i have no idea what i'm looking at if it's good or not, but i think there looks to be some development of a blood ring?

this one i'm sure of is going good! looks to be a little baby in there...yay!!!!
celebrate.gif
this is one of our swedish flower hen eggs.
Hi there,

It's difficult to see in those first couple of eggs but from what I have read 72hrs is on the early side to see development. The coloured eggs wouldn't be making it any easier either. The last one does seem to have a dark spot and signs of veining which looks good.
big_smile.png

I candled a couple of mine at 84hrs and saw the veining then (but it was light eggs so easy to see).

I hope your eggs are all developing :) Let us know when you next candle how they are progressing

thanks @Bdchickenfarmer @ladyargentum !
i'll be candling again on day 7 or 10 i think...but i might be tempted to go do a few tonight
big_smile.png
we'll see...i don't want to risk messing anything up with too much excitement LOL
roll.png

Hi everyone,
I have come along to join you all, I was in the August hatch along, where I hatched 4 jersey giants out of 6 shipped eggs under a broody.
I have ordered 6 la bresse gauloise which I will set on the 1st of september for a September the 22 hatch date.
This time I will be setting in either the brinsea mini advanced or a rcom suro eco 20 incubator.

Hey we'll be hatch mates. The 1st is when insetting also. Will be setting Naked Necks (aka Turkens), an assortment of colors.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I'm also hatching La Bresse at the moment I have 9 showing delvelopment at day 6. They are a gift to my husband, I hope they live up to all the hype
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom