Serama eggs from Castle Delight Seramas

I always leave mine in the incubator till the others are done pipping/hatching or 3 days have went by. They can live for three days without food or water due to the yolk sac. When I do move them to the brooder, I put a shallow dish with marbles in it - lots of them - and ground up food. About a week later I take out the marbles. I've heard too many horror stories of chicks drowning in almost no water.

Quote:
Listen to Zoomummzy! if you have to go back to the hospital and it hasnt been 3 days since those 4 have hatched, just leave them in the incubator. they will be perfectly fine!

ok thank you. i did just make some save a chick and dipped their beaks, but there would be no way id leave water in there. i just dont want to loose them, and i read some other posts, saying dont go to long without feeding them, ect.. i will sleep tonight, hopefully, thanks to you zoom. i will leave the EE in the other incubator to be safe.

I bought some hatching eggs from amyquilt, 4/6 hatched. I luckly came out with a quad, since the hens finally started laying I hatched out three of their eggs and all the chicks turned out to be cockerels!
th.gif
I'm going to keep them all, but I need some lady friends for them. When I get some extra cash saved up, Laura will be hearing from me!
wink.png

~ Aspen

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I bought some hatching eggs from amyquilt, 4/6 hatched. I luckly came out with a quad, since the hens finally started laying I hatched out three of their eggs and all the chicks turned out to be cockerels!
th.gif
I'm going to keep them all, but I need some lady friends for them. When I get some extra cash saved up, Laura will be hearing from me!
wink.png

~ Aspen

thumbsup.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

th.gif
wink.png

~ Aspen

Well laura says one of her girls likes to throw girls so you might be in luck!
big_smile.png

Quote:
big_smile.png

I'm thinking Dina throws girls but I need input from others who have hatched Zephyr's eggs before I know for sure. All three chicks I hatched from this pair are girls - tiny little girls that look exactly like their Mom! Little Naomi's wings are bigger than she is right now
lol.png
I've read it's the hen who decides the sex of the chick so I'm sort of trying to keep track, not that it's a guarantee or anything, but it's cool to see who is doing what!

Last edited:
Quote:
big_smile.png

I'm thinking Dina throws girls but I need input from others who have hatched Zephyr's eggs before I know for sure. All three chicks I hatched from this pair are girls - tiny little girls that look exactly like their Mom! Little Naomi's wings are bigger than she is right now
lol.png
I've read it's the hen who decides the sex of the chick so I'm sort of trying to keep track, not that it's a guarantee or anything, but it's cool to see who is doing what!

Well if all of their girls look like mom, you gave me 2 Zephyr eggs and 2 chicks are starting to get their wing feathers in at the tips of their wings and the color looks to be the same as Dina's
smile.png

I know we didnt lose any of Zephyr's babies!
wee.gif

Quote:
lol.png

Well if all of their girls look like mom, you gave me 2 Zephyr eggs and 2 chicks are starting to get their wing feathers in at the tips of their wings and the color looks to be the same as Dina's
smile.png

I know we didnt lose any of Zephyr's babies!
wee.gif

This is Dina:
DSCN0926-1.jpg

And these are the 3 girls...
DSC_0068-1.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0075-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom