Set eggs February 12th! Hatch a long with me!

fl.gif

lockdown for my silkies and one lonely lakenvelder today..they were all moving when I candled so here's hoping for a good hatch!

I'm curious to see how the Silkie hatching goes. Mine so far have proved to be ..... delicate? 2 out of 3 have survived but they didn't start out as spry & healthy as my mixed breed Cochins. Just wondering if it's just MY Silkies or if all Silkies are a little more difficult to hatch successfully.

dunno, this is my first hatch and I was given the eggs so I'm hoping they make it, they aren't due to hatch til Thursday, but one already has a crack

I do know that sometimes if they hatch early they can be splay legged....the curled toes could be hereditary, my favorite roo has a curled toe...his name is Bentley
big_smile.png
he had it when I bought him at TSC as a chick and is 2 years old now and fine. Gives him character, I say
wink.png

I also have a batch of 12 bantam mix eggs due to hatch the 14th! Keep me posted!

One Silkie egg began peeping Sun. evening the 11th. Was pipped by Monday. This morning it had not progressed beyond the initial pip but was still peeping. But I could tell it was loosing stregnth. Was gone by this evening. The second egg hasn't pipped yet but I can hear the chick peeping. It's due tomorrow. We'll see...........

Quote:
I know how frustrating it can be...I have the one black silkie hatched earlier today...they aren't due til tomorrow but I have one that pipped earlier today and is still not doing anything else as of 1 hour ago. I'm afraid that one will lose strength as well.The one that hatched is peeping up a storm...I think he's lonely!

I know how frustrating it can be...I have the one black silkie hatched earlier today...they aren't due til tomorrow but I have one that pipped earlier today and is still not doing anything else as of 1 hour ago. I'm afraid that one will lose strength as well.The one that hatched is peeping up a storm...I think he's lonely!

that's what i'm scared of, that one cracked yesterday morning and was moving around..no peeping, but I haven't seen it do anything today and all it did yesterday was make the crack longer

that's what i'm scared of, that one cracked yesterday morning and was moving around..no peeping, but I haven't seen it do anything today and all it did yesterday was make the crack longer

My last Silkie has pipped, but not really doing anything. It's due today so isn't late. It seemed the eggs all hatched better when there are other eggs in there peeping & talking to each other. This one is allllll alone. My last chance for more Silkies as I no longer have a Roo.

Back
Top Bottom