Set eggs today 29th Feb if anyone wants to join me :-)

It's tough to wait, I know.

I set 42 more eggs, tonight. 33 bantam chickens and 9 Khaki Campbells. Yawn
big_smile.png
More of the same. hee hee

I know i know im impatient but i candled my eggs last night day 5 :rolleyes: i have to walk past my incubater every day so i couldnt help myself :lol: ok ive got 12 eggs in there, seramas, polish, dutch, pekins, sebright. I could see development in all 12 :D. I will try and photo some. With them all been little white eggs there brilliant to see when you candle them....
Ok my sweats and shakes have gone now, ill wait till day 10 now.....

Haha I'm impatient too
smile.png
I just couldn't help myself and candled some last night, but I am only on day 4. I have Welsummers and some Easter Eggers. I had my hubby help me and we saw some veins in the Easter Eggers. The Welsummers were too dark and speckled to really tell if they have developed yet.

Its funny because my hubby hasn't been that into the whole hatching eggs thing, (he just kind of humors me) but when he saw the veins in some of them he got really excited and now he checks the incubator more than I do, lol.

i candled a few eggs last night and saw positive development! i do have a question about my temps fluctuating tho - the range stays between 99.0 and 101.5 but doesnt stabilize....... is all this change affecting my babies? its a brand new hovabator 1602 and i installed a fan and turner.... ive had to fiddle with the thermostat almost every day.....

i candled a few eggs last night and saw positive development! i do have a question about my temps fluctuating tho - the range stays between 99.0 and 101.5 but doesnt stabilize....... is all this change affecting my babies? its a brand new hovabator 1602 and i installed a fan and turner.... ive had to fiddle with the thermostat almost every day.....

I've never used a Hovabator, so hopefully someone who has can help. I do know that changes in room temps can cause the incubator to change. I think you will be fine, though.
hugs.gif

I know i know im impatient but i candled my eggs last night day 5 :rolleyes: i have to walk past my incubater every day so i couldnt help myself :lol: ok ive got 12 eggs in there, seramas, polish, dutch, pekins, sebright. I could see development in all 12 :D. I will try and photo some. With them all been little white eggs there brilliant to see when you candle them....
Ok my sweats and shakes have gone now, ill wait till day 10 now.....

How are the eggies doing? Can't be long now!

two babies hatched today! they are on day 20 but that didnt stop the little fellas from coming into the world! im ao eggcited, this is my first hatch! only 30 more eggs to go lol. question though:how long can these guys stay in the incubator if the others are slowerto hatch? what is the longest you all give the eggs before you toss them? how is everyone elses hatches goin?

You can leave them in there three days, but I don't like to. I guess it depends on how your incubator reacts to opening it mid-hatch.

I have a Sportsman and I have been running it at 62% humidity with twice a week hatches. I open it up all the time and the humidity drops to the low 30's while it's open. I just spritz some water in, with a spray bottle, before I shut the door. I don't bump humidity any and I quit lowering it between hatches... too much to remember.

This is what works for me. Of course, the weather getting warmer and more humid may cause me to make some adjustments.

Came in to double check everything in the bator tonight (day 20) and I've got 2 pipped and one rocking. The two that are pipped are all sorts of loud :) This is the first time I've even had a pip, so I moved the bator from the floor in the closet to a table so it was easier to sit and watch. I was a little concerned because I had a few days of high temps (101-102) during the hottest part of the day. I thought I would note that we tossed 3 of the eggs that I set. I kind of forgot about candling and didn't candle until lockdown lol. So if there wasn't a solid mass taking up most of the egg, I tossed it. Now I'm just patiently waiting. I keep seeing the very tip of a solid black beak in one of the eggs, so now I'm really curious as to what kind of chicken mutts we are going to end up with.

Back
Top Bottom