Setting eggs 3/15/14 - Who is with me?

Seems like everyones eggs are looking super so far even shipped
Fantastic!!
Take the turner out with the eggs in it? whew thats brave!

I have so many ovrrlapping eggs dont know how ill figure it all out.I know better but hatch fever got me...kept coming in with one or 2 each day and putting them in the bator.No sense
Bought a used batoer with turner from a frend who about gave it all to meSo nice! .Its a still air so i added a computer fan .It seems to be working terriifically ... now if only my hygrometer was working as well.
Anyway candled my first 20 or so the other day day blue eggs and silky i cant ever see much detail but 2 silky clear and 2 other iffy but i think will be clear too but waiting to candle again later. All the EE s look good.of course the ones i dont even
know why i set! haha
Next batch to candle is on Wed or thursday.My LO test eggs see if my new roo is fertile.Better be!u

Last edited:
a friend recommended that i take the lid off and quickly check the eggs while still in the bator by shining a flashlight on the tops of each and putting all of the ones that were questionable into an egg carton and take for a second check.

Just got done candling mine. Only have about 12 that look like there's any development at all. I did take three that looked out and break them open, so that I wasn't stacking any anymore. They had 0 development. Going to candle again on Monday and weigh them. Little discouraged as I think there's maybe only 8 out of the 31 I set that have veining for sure. I have them on the turner now and hopefully should see a lot more on day 10. :/

a friend recommended that i take the lid off and quickly check the eggs while still in the bator by shining a flashlight on the tops of each and putting all of the ones that were questionable into an egg carton and take for a second check.
That's what I do too. It saves me some time.

Candled on Saturday and out of 18 shipped eggs, only 9 are now viable. 3 brahma eggs, 3 Wynadotts and 3 white campbells. Of the 18, 2 were clear and 7 were quitters. Still 50% is good for shipped eggs I guess.
Lockdown this Friday for the chicken eggs, so I will be moving them to my new incubator, whilst the duck eggs continue for another 4 days before lockdown.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom