Setting eggs 3/15/14 - Who is with me?

I candled today! Apparently I can't count (or maybe its chicken math at its best haha). Instead of 29, I had 30 in the incubator. 15 were shipped eggs, 15 my own backyard mixes.

Of the shipped eggs, 6 were clear (looks like 3 were infertile and the other 3 stopped around day 2). 3 of the other shipped eggs were too dark to tell what was going on inside of them. 6 had veins and one of those had a little embryo dancing around. All of the shipped eggs are Easter Eggers so I knew it would be difficult to see when candling.

Of my backyard eggs, 2 were clear. 1 stopped growing on day 2 and the other on day 3. 13 had veins. Several eggs had embryos that were moving around, but again, I'm working with brown eggs so it's kind of difficult to see what's baking in there.

I'm feeling hopeful and impatient! LOL! Is it time for lockdown yet??? Pretty pretty please?
jumpy.gif

hey i set my eggs on the 19th but I'm looking forward to hearing about it, helping, and keeping you guys updated. I've got a mix of 35 eggs and all i know is that some are welsummers and some are easter eggers. there are some other but this is my second hatch only so i am not too familiar.

Its going to be a long day and night today, might end up candling at day 6.5 instead of day 7! Going to put them on the turner after I'm done sorting through them...hopefully wont have any stacked on top of each other.

Last edited:
This is what my setup looks like now.
tongue.png

Oh I need one of those Chiken calendars lol. My set up has taken over half of my living room. I have two cabinet incubators and a Janoel 48 and 3 styro bators for hatching (only two styros and one cabinet going currently) but they take up a huge portion of my living room I spend at least 30 minutes a day turning eggs currently but am working on figuring out how to move the hovabators into the Red wood cabinet incubators for turning they do fit into the trays but only one per tray so exploring options. I have the wetal slideout turners but am limited to turning 3 times a day currently due to work schedule. So far it doesn't seem to have caused any issues. but If I could get them to turn automaticly I could almost set them and leave them.

Oh I need one of those Chiken calendars lol. My set up has taken over half of my living room. I have two cabinet incubators and a Janoel 48 and 3 styro bators for hatching (only two styros and one cabinet going currently) but they take up a huge portion of my living room I spend at least 30 minutes a day turning eggs currently but am working on figuring out how to move the hovabators into the Red wood cabinet incubators for turning they do fit into the trays but only one per tray so exploring options. I have the wetal slideout turners but am limited to turning 3 times a day currently due to work schedule. So far it doesn't seem to have caused any issues. but If I could get them to turn automaticly I could almost set them and leave them.
I can relate, "who needs to eat at the kitchen table anyway" haha. I had to get an incubator that turns, I live 20 min out of town and am at work most of the day.

I turned by hand the first two times, I didn't drop any eggs but it was very hard not jerking my hand when my skin was cooking onto the heating element in the LG!

Back
Top Bottom