Setting eggs 3/15/14 - Who is with me?

I just got my Turken eggs in the mail today :) Can't wait to get home from work and break them open they are a surprise for my oldest son I am not going to tell him what they are until they hatch. So fingers crossed they do hatch seem to be decently hatched.

Had to read that twice - why would someone "break open their eggs"
lau.gif
I need more caffeine me thinks!

Had to read that twice - why would someone "break open their eggs"
lau.gif
I need more caffeine me thinks!
lau.gif
yeah I meant break them out of the cartons they are wrapped in so excited I will post pics. They were not ideally packaged but as long as they are not broken and scrambled I will take it. Amazing what youlearn about packing eggs for shipping when you start buying them , I won 12+ and received 16 eggs woohoo

Last edited:
Congrats Jennifer on you hatch of 3 fuzzy chickies.
I candled my duck eggs yesterday and 4 out of 6 are growing, 1 was clear and i think 1 has quit but will wait 'til the weekend befoe disgarding. Havent candled the chicken eggs yet. Will do at weekend.

Candled three eggs last night, the ones sitting on top of the others (lol), and saw veining and a little embryo in all three! Cant wait till Saturday to candle all of them! Wasn't able to get a picture though, camera just wouldn't focus on that little dot.

I candled all of my eggs last night since it was Day 7 for my 39 Swedish flower hen eggs. Out of 39, I only had 4 clears and 2 early quitters (both due to hairline cracks that I knew about from the beginning). So, I have 33 little ones still swimming!!! I was so excited because when I had candled a few of them really early on, I had marked several as clear or questionable that ended up developing.

I did have to take 1 of my 5 geese eggs out for non development, but the others are going strong!

I candled all of my eggs last night since it was Day 7 for my 39 Swedish flower hen eggs. Out of 39, I only had 4 clears and 2 early quitters (both due to hairline cracks that I knew about from the beginning). So, I have 33 little ones still swimming!!! I was so excited because when I had candled a few of them really early on, I had marked several as clear or questionable that ended up developing.

I did have to take 1 of my 5 geese eggs out for non development, but the others are going strong!
Wow those are nice odds, hope it continues to go well for you!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom