Setting eggs 3/15/14 - Who is with me?

HAHAHA Coop ......No they DONT get it! NOT AT ALL.Those eggs just seem to accumulate
I set my first eggs this year .... last week
Now im about to order some Catdance silkies...Do I need them ....NO...Do i want them OH YES I DO!
Friend is saying don't you HAVE slikies already?
I said well i only have 6 paint!!
She did have the grace to say when i asked should I do that... that i should probably talk to a chicken friend not her..... someone who gets the chicken enthusiasm In other words.... Im CUCKCOO!!

Last edited:
I just set 32 eggs in two incubators from a CA to MA shipment today, 3/16. I would love to join in with you all. The eggs are Crested Cream Legbars, Lavender Orpington and Black Copper Marans. I received extra bantam eggs so let's see how that goes.

HAHAHA Coop ......No they DONT get it! NOT AT ALL.Those eggs just seem to accumulate
I set my first eggs this year .... last week
Now im about to order some Catdance silkies...Do I need them ....NO...Do i want them OH YES I DO!
Friend is saying don't you HAVE slikies already?
I said well i only have 6 paint!!
She did have the grace to say when i asked should I do that... that i should probably talk to a chicken friend not her..... someone who gets the chicken enthusiasm In other words.... Im CUCKCOO!!

I have so many in there that one has to lay on top of the others and I am a bit worried about it. It is getting turned with others but I think it may get too hot since it is closer to the heating element. Guess we'll see next weekend when I candle.

I have some eggs that are gonna hatch on tuesday!! Under a broody buff orpington and then another buff orp went broody last week so I ordered eggs and they will be here tomorrow hope to get them under her this weekend!!
woot.gif

Any pips on your first batch Jennifer?

Hi! Wanted to update on my hatch so far! I've got a total of 29 eggs in the incubator. They were all set in the morning on 3/13. I VERY carefully candled a couple last night and saw veins and embryos! Yay! I won't do an official candling until this Thursday (I don't want to risk hurting all the babies). But it was nice to see some little babies in there and to know that so far I'm doing something right!
celebrate.gif

I had to throw out 28 duck eggs which won't leave me with a good hatch rate, most of them were developing and then died.
I can understand having to throw out infertile eggs, but why have so many died?
Could it be a problem with the temperature or humidity?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom