Setting eggs on 3/7. Anyone else?

Oh my goodness!! This is my first time ever hatching!! I know it's just an exterior pip and this could take hours, but my eggs are due to hatch tomorrow evening!!

This little chicky has had the same little hole since some time between 3 and 5 this morning. I can see movement once in a while so there is life but the pip is close to the narrow end of the egg. Out of 11 eggs this is the only one with any action. No cheeping at all.

This little chicky has had the same little hole since some time between 3 and 5 this morning. I can see movement once in a while so there is life but the pip is close to the narrow end of the egg. Out of 11 eggs this is the only one with any action. No cheeping at all.
I wouldn't worry, just keep an eye on that one. If it hasn't made progress in 24 hours, look for the article on assisting a hatch here on BYC. I think it's by Sallysunshine. As far as the rest of them, it's still too early to start worrying.

Mine did the same this morning. Same hole for almost half the day. And no peeping. But he's currently 3/4 zipped in the last hour and pushing the top up. And peeping!

Will the bumping around that the hatched chick is doing cause problems for those that haven't hatched? I read to leave him in there at least until fluffy and dry.

Ok he's out!! But....his one eye is closed? I haven't seen the other eye yet but I thought they were born with them open?

Back
Top Bottom