Setting eggs today (1/9) hatch buddy?!

I want to join ! Set Marans eggs ( blue and splash ) 1-3 along with about a dozen of my own hens eggs ( mainly LF Cochins ) then received some more Marans eggs ( blue) that I didn't think I was going to get . Set them 1-7 . I have only hatched chicks one other time and that was during last summer's dreadful heat . I use a 1502 Sportsman Incubator and it holds lots of eggs . So hatch dates are 1-24 and 1-28 .
smile.png

Last edited:
I posted in here and now I don't see it. (I'm having a few gliches.)

Anyway, I set 6 Lavender Orps, 9 Light Sussex, and 14 Red laced blue wyandottes. Due the 28th of January.

So I will join your hatch!

Still air incubators are really tuff to get even temps. My old hovabator has a fan and I still struggle with temps. That's why my DH is building me a new one. It will be ready this weekend but I started the hatch a couple of days ago in my hova. By the way I we used 7 thermometers to check temps in the new bator a found 4 of them didn't read nearly right especially the digital ones. They were up to 6 degrees off! Ugh!!

I'm using one, and I have had a little trouble as well. But it has gotten better since yesterday.
smile.png

Mine wants to stay at 100-101 for the most part but every once in a while it drops to 99 or spikes to 102. I think its because we heat with wood, and our fire gets low in the middle of the night... Im wondering if it will matter that much because its only for a few minutes... just long enough to irritate me!

Back
Top Bottom