Setting eggs today. I'm a hatching virgin.

Give it time. I had one pip on day 19, a few on day 20, and several on day 21 & 22. It's l over the place! And some pop as late as day 23 & 24 I've heard.

Wyysebuck, are you sure it's not a rotting egg smell??? Eggs can "explode" in an incubator. If that's the case you need to get the rotting egg out.

I have a genesis 1588. I filled the second trough with water but according to my hygrometer the humidity is only somewhere between 55-60. I thought it was supposed to get higher than that!
hu.gif
What do you guys think? Should I be worried?

BLaBauve - I am watching your hatching cam, how cool btw. Love seeing the chicks running around and looks like and Olive egger is zipping, fun fun.

YAY! I HAVE A PIP! All is not lost! I am not going to be able to sleep at all tonight!

We've also been watching the webcam. My kids and I love it!

Lindsay

Quote:
Yea for a pip, I am so jealous. Absolutely nothing over here. And I've been checking about every hour, ugh. I need to think about something else, lol.

congrats to all of you with little chicks..
I unfortunately do not think we will have any
Our eggs seemed to have gotten too mishandled in the mail, when they arrived, 4 were cracked/broken.. Needless to say we put the rest in. (20)
When we have candled, we see very little and what looks like floating air sacs. I took 5 out yesterday, 2 were "weeping" and the other 3 had a definate blood ring
So now we have 15 in there but am losing faith...
sad.png
this morning, I went to check on the incubator and the power had gone off, temp down to 78. We got the power working again but I am assuming it was off all night to drop that much,
Temp and humidity are now 99.6 and 42% but is there any hope???
I am doing this with my class of 2nd graders and I would hate to have some disformed chicks....
What are anyone thoughts???
I am planning on starting over with some local eggs next week (my principal ordered a small incubator for me to transfer the few current eggs which may have a chick into)
Then we will use the Brinsea to start again

I am so sad
sad.png
I wish we have better luck.
Now that we have had the temp drop low for a long period of time, I think this could be the worst fate..

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom